AlaskanTigersFan

Jones backs Shelton

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=hittersdeservecreditfort&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Interesting to see Todd Jones write an article. Good for him giving support though.... good cudos to him.

Interesting that the balls could be wound tighter to cause more home runs.... do you think its possible that this had something to do in the year of the HR race between Bonds, Griffey, and McGuire.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=hittersdeservecreditfort&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Interesting to see Todd Jones write an article. Good for him giving support though.... good cudos to him.

Interesting that the balls could be wound tighter to cause more home runs.... do you think its possible that this had something to do in the year of the HR race between Bonds, Griffey, and McGuire.

Isnt that what the juiced ball was all about?

I saw Todd in a rather lengthy interview. That doesn't say anything about his writing ability, but he is well-spoken indeed, and probably writes well and clearly too. He may be one of the very, very rare Baseball players who could be a decent color commentator on TV or radio after he throws his last pitch. Right now there are some real duds out there. I mean former players who now do color and do it so badly. Rod Allen and Joe Morgan are two of the worst.

Steve Stone and Jim Kaat are two of the best, but neither of them is great. Ron Santo does color on Cubs radio. I think Ron is a nice guy, but he sucks as a broadcaster.

I saw Todd in a rather lengthy interview. That doesn't say anything about his writing ability, but he is well-spoken indeed, and probably writes well and clearly too. He may be one of the very, very rare Baseball players who could be a decent color commentator on TV or radio after he throws his last pitch. Right now there are some real duds out there. I mean former players who now do color and do it so badly. Rod Allen and Joe Morgan are two of the worst.

Steve Stone and Jim Kaat are two of the best, but neither of them is great. Ron Santo does color on Cubs radio. I think Ron is a nice guy, but he sucks as a broadcaster.

I really like Rod Allen. He cracks me up and I find him very entertaining. I also think he is more insightful than most give him credit for.

Joe Morgan has good insight but I don't enjoy his personality.

I seem to remember that this topic came up in the 90s about a juiced ball as well. Someone supposedly did extensive studies on new baseballs and older ones. They didn't find any huge differences between them.

Rod Allen dreams up something about batting, or pitching, or sore arms, or playing the outfield. He puts it out as sort of speculation, or as being the way things might be. Then he repeats it as a fact, and finally he proclaims it as gospel truth. In other words, he believes his own lies. And the pitch-by-pitch feature may not be his idea, but it is the lamest thing in broadcasting. Who cares about that batter? He is done. That at bat is history. There is another set of plays or another batter coming up. Lets get to it!

Martinez is horrible on baseball tonight..... he sounds like Bonderman.....

Buck Martinez sounds like Sonny Bono - when he wasn't on drugs.

How awesome would it be for Jones to take Price's innings on the radio from the bullpen?