Sandlot

Maroth

Just for fun I checked out the MLB site today to see where the Tigers are compared to other teams.

Took a look at the ERA leaders.

Low and behold, Mike Maroth, 3-0 - ERA .049 is not listed.

Ok, we no that wont last, but still, shouldn't he be listed?

Opps, he's given up 3 runs today so far.

Are the Tigers that far down on the MLB site that they don't recognize this?

Sandlot

He didn't have enough innings pitched to qualify because he missed a start a couple weeks ago.

Thanks guys....Just curious though

How many innings do you have to pitch before you are eligible to be among the top pitchers acording to MLB?

I'm sure there is some stat that verifies this.

Sandlot

Something like 1 inning pitched per game the team has played. He's like 2 or 3 innings short. If you go to the stats pace it'll tell you right there.

"If you go to the stats pace it'll tell you right there"

I've just remembered why I don't want to be a part of this forum.

I don't have a short fuse. I didn't understand the reply.

I asked a question and was referred to the MLB site.

What kind of reply is "If you go to the stats pace it'll tell you right there"

I expected more from the so-called experts on this site.

I said pace = page. It was a typo. We all make mistakes. I didn't have time to look it up again earlier so I suggested that you go to mlb.com's stat page. It explains what the minimum is.

As I explained earlier, he only has 18 innings pitched. The minimum is 1 inning per game. Before today, he had 18.1 innings pitched, and the team had played 21 or 22 games, I believe. Therefore he didn't meet the minimum. Does that help?

And the "expert" comment is pretty childish. I'm not sure why you decided to go there. Next time you need help I'll just save the insult and not bother to help.

Ok, if you go to:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/league_leaders.jsp?c_id=mlb&Submit=Submit&sortByStat=W&baseballScope=mlb&statType=2&timeFrame=1&timeSubFrame=2006

You will see that it says "ERA Leaders - must have a minimum of 1.0 inning pitched per game played."

I'm pretty sure that Yoda wasn't trying to be rude by asking you to look it up for yourself, he was giving you the option of validating his answer on an official site, which is actually a rather courteous thing to do.

I don't have a short fuse. I didn't understand the reply.

I asked a question and was referred to the MLB site.

What kind of reply is "If you go to the stats pace it'll tell you right there"

I expected more from the so-called experts on this site.

My friend, it was simply a typo. You do it, I do it, Yoda does it, Tom Gage does it. It means nothing, nada, zip, zilch - I HIGHLY recommend you don't overanalyze this whatsoever.

My friend, it was simply a typo. You do it, I do it, Yoda does it, Tom Gage does it. It means nothing, nada, zip, zilch - I HIGHLY recommend you don't overanalyze this whatsoever.

I'm not so sure he is griping about the typo so much as the fact that he wants all info fed to him. God forbid someone tell him where to find the info he was looking for.

It's not the typo, (geez, I can't spell worth a darn)

"It's the reply".

I was simply brushed off.

"Go look it up yourself"....dumbell

That's how I took it.

There is a CLIQUE on this forum that is quite tight. Has been for quite a few years.

No outsiders welcome if they have a different point of view.

Just like I said 3 years ago about the fences being moved in at Comerica. I was chastized.

Guess what......

You got the same response anyone else around here would have. You were provided an answer, you asked an additoinal question and were provided a guess at the answer along with someplace to verify it.....there was nothing wrong or different with the manner in which you were treated.

"It's the reply".

That's how I took it.

There is a CLIQUE on this forum that is quite tight. Has been for quite a few years.

Just like I said 3 years ago about the fences being moved in at Comerica. I was chastized.

Guess what......

Thats quite a complex ya got there.

Just to satisfy my own curiousity, who is in this "clique". There are regulars just like any other board, but very rarely does everyone gang up on new members. Unless their name is Preston. And believe me, that was well deserved.

I too would like to know all is in this clique.

Also, if you've been observing for years, this board is extremely courteous to new users, more than any other board I've been on. I have against you whatsoever, I simple didn't have the time to look it up just then. We aren't all out to get you.

I too would like to know all is in this clique.

Also, if you've been observing for years, this board is extremely courteous to new users, more than any other board I've been on. I have against you whatsoever, I simple didn't have the time to look it up just then. We aren't all out to get you.

i agree this board is courteous to new users, seeing i am only a month old!

And here's the "fences" thread you were talking about. I see a lot of people not having the same opinion as you, but which posts chastised you for wanting to bring the fences in? I obviously don't know you very well, but you seem to take disagreement personal. I wouldn't. It's just people having a different opinion. They weren't chastising you.

http://www.motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=983

"It's the reply".

That's how I took it.

Guess what......

is this that 777 guy you guys keep talking about?