PantheraTigris

the multi-purpose Brandon Inge thread which I will update even if no one else does

PT, you can expect frequent contributions from Jake in this thread. If people ignore Inge's range and try to evaluate his defense just based on fielding percentage, I'll speak. That will be my contribution. I'll try not to mention Dmitri Young again in this thread. Sorry about that!

In today's game the inimitable Mr. Inge went 0-3. However, he did not at any point strike out. Baby steps. Baby steps.

edit: And you guys ought to be ashamed of yourselves for being familiar enough with Clay Aiken to draw that (specious) parallel.

In my not-so-perfect world, we would trade for Aubrey Huff and Julio Lugo. Huff is a good LH bat, and we could shift Guillen to third, making Inge the super-sub. Lugo would be a decent leadoff guy with lots of SB.

In yesterday's game the inimitable Mr. Inge was seated on the bench in favor of Omar Infante, who went 4 for 5. Obviously Leyland wanted to get Omar some ABs without sitting Polanco or getting Guillen out of stride. He will be back. Imagine that said in a Terminator voice, if you will.

If we were allowing golf at the plate, heck, we could go NL-style and let Kenny Rogers bat.

Ah ha! SEE! He just needed a REST!

2 homeruns for 3 RBI!

This was the offensive output we needed from the one and only person who would inspire the DSR announcers to spell out his name to the tune of "Old McDonald". This actually happened and I am not making it up.

He also had an error but TWO HOMERUNS WHO CARES SHUT UP I CAN'T HEAR YOU ANYWAYS.

Victory dance!

ingedance.gif

Depth and days off make players better. Nothing like a guy going 4 for 5 in your spot to get you back on your game.

Just making sure that Brandon's 15-pitch at-bat receives as much love from us as it did from (the admittedly highly excitable) Rod and Mario.

15 pitches! Against Duchscherer too, and he's not half bad.

Yesterday he doubled.

In the Duchscherer game, he walked twice.

In Wednesday's game, he had a walk and 3 RBI.

In Tuesday's game, he had a walk.

Hacker? I think the dude is learning! Recognize his amazing walking ways, Tigers fans.

I like this thread. I'm an Inge fan. I have become a Panthera Tigris fan.

Fact: Baseball is the most fun there is. Fun to play, fun to watch. Be absorbed in Baseball, you will never regret it.

Inge fielding update:

3 errors in his first 17 games, for a .948 FP. Need to improve that.

57 total chances in 17 games, which projects to a whopping 545 total chances for the season. (He had 530 last year). So he continues to show great range at third.

I would just like to point out that last night Inge was, in point of fact, safe at home. The ball did beat him there, because Ichiro is inhumanly good, but he was never tagged that I saw. I'm not cut up about it, because we won anyways and it was a tough play for the ump to see, but he was not out.

Yooper, I agree that he needs to cut down on the errors. I think part of it IS the fact that he has such great range though. He covers more space than some 3Bs, and so makes more chances for himself to have errors, you know? You have to be there in the first place for something to be called an error; Brandon may be making errors on balls that other 3Bs wouldn't be anywhere near. Just a thought.

A couple recent Inge photos from the ol' AP wire, for the Inge appreciators here.

ingeawesomeslide.jpg

ingehigh5hellzyea.jpg

If you've been paying attention, I'm an Inge fan. However it is my sad duty to inform you that most of Inge's errors are on errant throws ....

:cry:

I like this thread. I'm an Inge fan. I have become a Panthera Tigris fan.

Fact: Baseball is the most fun there is. Fun to play, fun to watch. Be absorbed in Baseball, you will never regret it.

Well, duh:cool: