PantheraTigris

the multi-purpose Brandon Inge thread which I will update even if no one else does

Because he is my adopted Tiger for the season and I will follow his exploits on and off the field (short of stalking... difficult to stalk properly when you haven't got a car or the right levels of creepiness :P) into the very depths of Hell. Or, y'know, Yankee Stadium. Much the same.

Anyhow, this shall be the grand poobah of Brandon Inge threads. I will update it throughout the year so that all may know the Ingey goodness. Feel free to chime in, even with your skepticism, although if you choose to do so be prepared to meet the solid wall of love which any Motownsporter feels for their adopted kitten.

As of right this very moment everyone's favorite original high-sock-wearing-in-the-modern-Tigers-era player is batting .286/.310/.571 with 5 runs, 8 hits, 2 doubles, 2 homers, no stolen bases (although 1 startlingly poorly executed attempt which ended in embarassing failure), with 0 errors and a fielding percentage of 1.000.

He is still officially listed at 5'11, although many remain doubtful of this measurement.

He is still being described by ye olde Detroite mediae as "scrappy," "athletic," "versatile," "a gamer," and "big dork whom we love anyways." (blogs are media too!)

Now you shall experience the magic of some Inge photos I shot last season, and a couple from the home opener this year (all clickable for bigger, natch).

37553299_d9ae83d7d7_m.jpg

Out of focus but ever so worth it.

38071547_f20b52a4b0_m.jpg

Behold his mighty power! (disclaimer: this swing did not actually result in a hit)

47744343_ef4e76e0f1_m.jpg

He has a handle on things. So to speak.

47752158_582326bbfb_m.jpg

Master of around the hornin' it.

126734342_021101df23_m.jpg

Using fun framing to justify more photos of Brandon Inge.

126743940_35e8be8af6_m.jpg

Hustlin' machine.

126741418_754782557b_m.jpg

He does like to dig around in there an awful lot, doesn't he?

126746300_e9cb44aa04_m.jpg

Crouching Inge, Tipping Bonderman.

126746299_657b64e14e_m.jpg

And a smile for all the ladiez in da house.

What what what no! Just because they are both pale does not make them similar! Say not such horrible things! Clay Aiken has frou frou hair and Inge has crazy chin hair and one looks good in high socks and one would probably look like a skinny wimp if similarly attired. I will hear none of it.

And I hate that you made me google image search Clay Aiken. I feel like I need to clean out my computer's cookies now or something.

We've always admired your pluckiness PT. Next time you're there maybe you should just holler out "Brandon quit scratching your nuts, it just makes them itch more". He'd probably appreciate it.

CL, if I was closer to the field on opening day perhaps I would've. Alas for missed opportunities.

estrepe, we can have a team meeting and tell everyone.

Brandon is a mediocre offensive performer but he has good range. I like Inge even though he says stupid things all the time.

Brandon has the tools to be the best bench guy in the league. He could play almost everyday, hit anywhere in the order and play any position. I wouldnt mind seeing the Tigers go after a shortstop in the near future, move Guillen to third and let Brandon play the role God created him for.

Inge is my current favorite Tiger, and it ain't even close. But he definitely needs to cut down those K's.

At third base, he is becoming a national treasure.

The book is not closed on Brandon Inge as a hitter, but he needs to show some real improvement at the plate this year or it will be--in the sense that we just won't be able to expect anymore than we've seen. His 140 plus strikeouts don't come with enough offensive punch (although I guess he isn't grounding into double plays those 140 times). I like the argument about his range and if he can hold on to more of those balls he gets to he could end up being a really good third baseman.Right now his hitting and fielding abilities make him serviceable in a lineup with better hitters surrounding him.

And if this doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement, I would like to go on record as saying that I like Inge, that I pull for him, and that I think he's capable of putting a season together that will change people's opinion of him on this board. Hope he proves me right.

Brandon is one of my favorite players on the team... Watching him nod after spearing a hard line drive never gets old. It would benice to get better offensive production out of his position, but I think that he gets on base at a respectable rate for a guy that strikes out so much.

And the socks, the high socks. He's old school.

Now that Pena and Logan are finally history, Inge and Monroe are our weakest starters who will attract the most of my critisizm. I shouldn't really even say starters because Inge is best used in the supersub role and Monroe should be a 4th OF.

Now that Pena and Logan are finally history, Inge and Monroe are our weakest starters who will attract the most of my critisizm. I shouldn't really even say starters because Inge is best used in the supersub role and Monroe should be a 4th OF.

Dmitri Young is the weakest starter.

I guess for the first 7 games. But he certainly wasn't last year.

I'm talking about this year. Which starter do you think he'll be better than this year?

He wasn't very good last year either. he had a .796 OPS which is pretty weak for someone who can't stay healthy and contributes nothing defensively.

What I like about Inge is how many ways he can beat you. He's so multi-dimensional. He can hit anywhere in the lineup. He can literally play any position on the field better than most. He has a cannon for an arm. He has great range defensively. He can take the extra base. He works the pitcher every at bat. He strikes out alot but doesn't hit into many double plays. He can hit for power. He does alot of things. He's a coaches dream in the way he plays.

By the way P.T, I own him, you are only a renter. But I love this thread. Thanks.