redshark63

2006 Erie Seawolves Diary

Any chance they will simply move Caldwell to a new position in the organization? I hate to see them lose a pitching coach that is seemingly that good at his job.

Perhaps that, or a faster route to a bench/assistant coaching position in the big leagues where he can gain more exposure.

that makes sense...thanks

Any chance they will simply move Caldwell to a new position in the organization? I hate to see them lose a pitching coach that is seemingly that good at his job.

Very doubtful. If that was the case, they would have just re-assigned him, not fired him with the rest of the staff.

Very doubtful. If that was the case, they would have just re-assigned him, not fired him with the rest of the staff.

Alright. Well I guess its up to hoping they can find a suitable replacement.

There is going to be quite a bit of turnover in the instruction side of development it seems. Especially if this goes through with Rojas.

I know Rojas was offered a position in the organization last year at this time and I will presume that it is the same position as now. He wants to manage. Though he did not get the same results this year and his perspective may have changed. If Walbeck is the leading candidate in Rojas' mind, he may take the move to step up within the organization and wait for his opening.

Thinkin' about it a little...

The 2007 Erie Seawolves could be in line to set a record for strikeouts or something. Yipe.

Larish/Hollimon/Dlugach/Kirkland is the infield, no? That's a lot of strikeouts. Who does the catching? Sardinha? Graham? Torrealba? Torrealba can make some contact. The other two are strikout machines. Frazier doesn't strike out a ton, but you've got Thomas in center and probably Jackson Melian in right. That's plenty too.

I don't know who's going to DH. I hope it's Hessmann because I don't want him playing over Hannahan again in Toledo, but I doubt they'll move him down despite his .032 average (or whatever it was) last season. If it were him though...wow. That's a lot of strikeouts. A lot.

Thinkin' about it a little...

The 2007 Erie Seawolves could be in line to set a record for strikeouts or something. Yipe.

Larish/Hollimon/Dlugach/Kirkland is the infield, no? That's a lot of strikeouts. Who does the catching? Sardinha? Graham? Torrealba? Torrealba can make some contact. The other two are strikout machines. Frazier doesn't strike out a ton, but you've got Thomas in center and probably Jackson Melian in right. That's plenty too.

I don't know who's going to DH. I hope it's Hessmann because I don't want him playing over Hannahan again in Toledo, but I doubt they'll move him down despite his .032 average (or whatever it was) last season. If it were him though...wow. That's a lot of strikeouts. A lot.

I'm not sure Kirkland will be there...he could be, but I think the odds are pretty good that he's off to Toledo.

Even still...there's plenty of strikeouts to go around.

Wow...Toledo? That really seems like pushing it for Kirkland. If he is in Toledo though, he and Hessman could really put up some staggering numbers.

Hey Big Toe, the off season is about HOPE, not reality.

Yeah, I suppose. And I do have plenty of hope...in the course of hoping though, I noticed that a bunch of our best striker-outers are likely gonna be spending some time in Erie this coming summer.

Wow...Toledo? That really seems like pushing it for Kirkland. If he is in Toledo though, he and Hessman could really put up some staggering numbers.

Yeah, I suppose. And I do have plenty of hope...in the course of hoping though, I noticed that a bunch of our best striker-outers are likely gonna be spending some time in Erie this coming summer.

Well, one of the things that Walbeck seemed to try to work on throughout the years here at WM, was patience at the plate, sounds like he has a challenge ahead of him.

Wally will have a hitting instructor this season @ Erie.....hard to see him in a Seawolf" uni....but we wish him MUCH SUCCESS in Erie....