Sign in to follow this  
wingpack10

1997 Question!

I am hoping SOMEONE can help me!! I was wondering if ANYONE knows what song played after the Wings won the Cup after the 1996-1997 season.. I know it seems trivial, but I remember I loved it and now it is driving me crazy:embar: Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me :rambo: Thanks a million

I hope to God you aren't thinking "We Got Stanley", someting waiting in the wings after the putrid "I want Stanley" playoff slogan.

I hate those damn songs.

^^No, no, no. I am not THAT pathetic :speech: And it is not the We Are The Champions either... Oh man this is driving me crazy!!! Anyone have it taped??!!:happy: :happy:

Hey, wingpack10

I have the game taped. Another song that was played was Sign Sealed Delivered I'm Yours by Stevie Wonder.

I hope to God you aren't thinking "We Got Stanley", someting waiting in the wings after the putrid "I want Stanley" playoff slogan.

I hate those damn songs.

Those songs were replaced by, "Hey Hey Hockeytown". I love the Wings, but that's a cheese ball song. They made is cheesier with those people's faces on the scoreboard at Wings game like Brady Bunch style.

The one song I remember is December 1963, Oh What a Night, or whatever it's called It's the Four Seasons... Frankie Vallie.

The one song I remember is December 1963, Oh What a Night, or whatever it's called It's the Four Seasons... Frankie Vallie.

Frankie Valli is about to get whacked on the Sopranos.

Unfortunatley, none of those are it :disappnt: It was kind of a slower song, and I don't think whoever the artist was was very popular... I could be wrong though.. I also think it has the word "tiger" in the lyrics :nervous: It wasn't a hockey-themed song either, I am pretty sure.. I appreciate everyone's input! Keep 'em coming! Thanks :cheeky:

I know the song you are looking for. The song played while recapping the playoffs and then at the end of the recap they showed the Wings celebrating the Cup victory. The song is by Queen. It's called "Don't Stop Me Now". The line you were thinking of was, "I'm a shooting star leaping through the sky like a tiger."

^^YES THAT IS IT! Thank you so much--you have no idea how much this was bothering me! :nervous: I am downloading it as we a speak :rambo:

Thanks to everyone for all your input on this silly, silly matter! I appreciate it!