baseball3

Any news on Minor League games ?

Does anyone have any information on today's games for our minor leagues vs. Cleveland ?

I heard the A game was won by the good guys, 4-3, but, really have no details.

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance....

I know, you can't be there for us at this time Roger, but, someone else should be able to go to bat for us in your absence, can't they ?

Thanks for everything !

I'll be heading to the minor league field tomorrow for a few hours. You can't get in there when there's a game at Marchant (at least not today).

I'll be heading to the minor league field tomorrow for a few hours. You can't get in there when there's a game at Marchant (at least not today).

Could someone please confirm whether or not the minor league fileds are closed to fans/family when there is a game going on at Marchant. I'm coming down Thursday and would like to know ahead of time. Thanks!

Could someone please confirm whether or not the minor league fileds are closed to fans/family when there is a game going on at Marchant. I'm coming down Thursday and would like to know ahead of time. Thanks!

Zach Burek, the Lakeland GM (mailto:zach.burek@lakelandtigers.net) assures me that you will have access. Would love to hear from someone who accessed the fields today while a game was in progress in the stadium, to verify what I am proclaiming. Wish I could assure you.

Roger

Yesterday when the Tigers were playing the Dodgers at Marchant, I couldn't find a way into the minor league fields. The gate out in centerfield past the berm was closed, as was the one in the parking lot.

The gate in the parking lot also has/had a door gate, was that locked?? It better not have been as we will be there Wednesday, and it won't be a pretty sight if Grandma G has to climb the fence!! Roger?? Yoda? Any input?

Has anyone had success getting into the minor league games, since they started on 3/18???? Saturday or today?

I sent emails to some of the guys I have access to. I asked them how games were going and if fans were able to access games. I told them I would understand if they did not answer (they are tired after a game and probably don't feel like doing email). I don't know if I will hear from any of them, but will pass on any info I get if I do hear.

If you sent one to Dallas, I know he's been responding to emails.....despite ear infections....

I am sure I did (it is possible I missed a name--there were about 7 I sent I think). I just don't want them to feel obligated to answer this "old lady" (47 next Friday). It would be different if I were 20, blond and beautiful :cheeky:

If Tigers are out of town, the gates will probably be open, right?...Got my hiking boots packed! Hope they get this straightened out SOON...

Thanks for all your help......

I made it to the games today. The gates and parking lot are wide open when there is no game at Marchant. Probably about 50 fans in all, most seemed to be family of Houston players.

AAA and AA were playing Houston. Did my best to try and keep track of both games at once

Starting with AAA, who lost about 5-4

Pitching: Virgil Vasquez- 3 IP, 2 ER, 2 HR

John Birtwell- 2 IP, 1+ ER, 1 HR

Jeremy Johnson- 3 IP, maybe 1 ER

Danny Zell- 1 IP, 0 ER

Lineup- (I guese they play 2 DHs, that had me a little confused)

CF Victor Mendez

2B Kevin Hooper

DH Ryan Raburn

RF Kurt Airoso/Hernandez (haven't heard of him)

3B Jack Hannahan- HR

1B Jeff Larish

LF Mike Woods- 2 HR

C Danilo Sanchez/Joel Roa

SS Audy Ciriaco/Scott Tousa

DH Pedro Cotto

AA was winning by about 4 in the 9th when I left. Figure it was about 8-4.

Jeff Hahn- 2 IP, about 2 ER

Jair Jurrjens- 3 IP, 1 ER

Brian Rogers- 2 IP

Chris Homer- 1 IP, 0 ER

Kevin Whelan- 1 IP, 0 ER

Was paying more attention to Triple-A so I didn't get the lineup, but here's who was in the field.

C- Mike Rabelo

1B- Kelly Hunt (2 2B, a few RBI)

2B- Gil Mejia

SS- Tony Giarratano/Mark Haske

3B- Brian Rios/Chris Maples

LF- Garth McKinney

CF- Luis Sabino- HR

RF- David Espinosa

DH- Jim Essian

So where do you get a soda with the concessions closed?. Quickest is in the Pontiac Showroom West of Tigertown. Convenience stores about a mille North of the stadium (right turn out of the parking area toward I-4), or same distance South. Hungry? Nice little cafe right across from the Pontiac dealership or head South to Memorial Blvd, turn left and plenty of fast food. Good restaurants? Think we have a thread on that. If attending the minors, you may need a folding chair and plenty of sunscreen or an umbrella. Again, restrooms are directly across from the entrance to the training fields. Walk toward the berm in Marchant's CF and they are on the side of the maintenance area..water available there also.

Roger

Will be anxious to see minor fields access today as Yankees come to town & Astros on Tuesday.....so hopefully access will get taken care of today....Thanks, Roger., for checking this our & getting it straightened out for the family/fans....Bags packed, ready to come South!

I now see that on the schedule....just hope they realize, even if we have to pay for parking, we need to get to the minor league fields....that is our vacation trip...have so many players to see......Thanks...

Why ?

Wonder why Frazier would go with the big club on Sunday, in effect, making it a day off for him ? Found out that it gave Matt Parish a chance to play the OF yesterday with the "A" team in Kissimmee......

Sabino playing with the AA club?

Larish playing with the AAA club at this point ?

What's up with some of that, just moving around or indication of where they may be?

Learning each day .......

Shamrock--

THANK YOU very much for the report, us baseball starved "work force" appreciates all your efforts and those of all others as well !!!