Mar 18 at Bobcats 108-103 W 6 1-3 1-3 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3
Mar 17 at Knicks 103-105 L 25 3-8 0-2 0-0 2 1 3 0 1 0 1 2 6
Mar 15 at Raptors 105-98 W 22 4-11 3-4 0-0 1 4 5 4 1 1 1 1 11
Mar 12 vs. Bobcats 94-78 W 15 4-8 3-3 0-0 0 3 3 2 1 0 0 1 11
Mar 11 at Wizards 92-110 L 22 6-13 2-3 2-2 0 3 3 2 0 0 0 2 16
Mar 08 vs. Bulls 106-101 W 12 0-2 0-1 2-2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 2
Mar 04 at Lakers 94-105 L 6 1-1 1-1 2-2 0 2 2 0 0 0 0 1 5
Mar 03 at SuperSonics 98-96 W 10 1-5 0-1 0-0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 2

22 minutes and 13 FGA is WAY too much from him.

I watched that game, and he was a ballhog for much of it. (Granted, the Wiz would have won regardless, but still, it was ugly to watch.)

13 FGA's is not too much when you make 6 of them and go 2-2 from FT also. That's exactly what we need off the bench - someone who can score.

That said, I'm sure he's still learning the system and trying to figure out when he should be passing or shooting.

13 FGA's is not too much when you make 6 of them and go 2-2 from FT also. That's exactly what we need off the bench - someone who can score.

Not to mention that 2 common criticisms we are always discussing here is that the bench doesn't play enough, and when they do play, they aren't productive. I agree that Delk appears to have never met a shot he doesn't like, but if he hits them, I'm ok with it - I mean, that is the way you win the game.

Hell yes! You can say that again!

We need our back up point guard to score in this league and especially in our system. If we don't get a scoring threat from our backup pg, we end up forcing several shots with a short shot clock and Chauncey simply won't be able to rest enough.

This thread's on the money. Delk's been a nice suprise lately and I hope it conitinues.

"I love the D! That place is the shizzle!" - Tony Delk

Is this an actaul quote by Delk? If it is I absolutely love it. :cool:

Is this an actaul quote by Delk? If it is I absolutely love it. :cool:

hahahahahaha no, not at all. I was originally going to say that it wasn't, but I neglected it.

I watched that game, and he was a ballhog for much of it. (Granted, the Wiz would have won regardless, but still, it was ugly to watch.)

I watched that game as well and he was the only one making shots, only one aggressive enough to want to score while the starters were busy watching the Wiz beat their asses. I like TD and I have no problem with his shooting. Especially after Carlos dribble out the clock and take a crappy shot Arroyo.

I dont think 13 FGA is too much, as in he was being a ball hog. I do however think any time Delk takes 13 shots the Pistons are either getting blown out or blowing out their opponent.

I like what Delk has brought to the team. Instant offense off the bench. He does have a few shots that make you go "what was that" but so far he's been a good dose of something we needed here. Now when the "newness" is off of him and if his tendencies continue at a less productive rate and at a higher disaster level then I may change my tune. Right now I like what he has brought to the team and seems to be fitting in fairly well.

Delk is going to become very important in the playoffs. He does bring some game to the table and we need that.

After yesterday's game, I definitely saw some areas where Delk should have passed, but took the shot instead. But, that comes with learning the system and understanding that when you penetrate you actually have guys on this team that will make the shot when you kick it to them. Let's not forget he's only been with Detroit a very short time.

That said, he's never been a big assist guy in his career. He's a SG in a PG body, but that's exactly why he was brought here. It wasn't to stand around like Arroyo did, it was to be assertive and bring a spark off the bench. Overall, I'm loving his aggressiveness on offense and defense. He can penetrate and cause problems for the defense, but he can also hit the spot up three ball. That versatility at the PG/SG spot will be very helpful for us come playoff time.

If TD is going to be an offensive spark off the bench, he's gotta take shots. You don't come in and score points by passing the ball. Just as Vinnie Johnson. They didn't bring him in to pass the ball, they brought him off the bench to score. Wanna score? Take some shots. The 3 pointers TD made yesterday at critical times were great.

If TD is going to be an offensive spark off the bench, he's gotta take shots. You don't come in and score points by passing the ball. Just as Vinnie Johnson. They didn't bring him in to pass the ball, they brought him off the bench to score. Wanna score? Take some shots. The 3 pointers TD made yesterday at critical times were great.

My favorite was when he dribbled out the clock at the end of the first quarter.

I disagree with that, he is really what the Pistons bench has needed for a while, a scorer on the perimeter. Delk certainly is that, I hate to see him getting Delfino time, but the guy keeps the Pistons active and scoring when he's out there.

My favorite was when he dribbled out the clock at the end of the first quarter.

This was actually the play I was thinking of when I said that he will need to learn to trust the rest of the team and kick the ball out after he penetrates into 2 or more defenders. Contrast that with Rip's play at the end of the half when he drew a couple guys and kicked it to Tay for the open three. Plays like this, where you need to trust your team-mates and know where they are on the court will come with time in the system. Overall though, I think everyone knows that he's here to score off the bench and because he gives you solid veteran defense. He's doing well in that regard so far.