diaspora04

Projected Minor League Rosters

Other than Micro, with whom I have discussed the matter, does anyone have proposed rosters? If not, perhaps we can develop them here.

Dan in NY

Not from us, gets too disappointing with releases, trades, quits still coming....besides until Camp breaks,no guarantees and one year the coaches were going thru the dorms to catch guys b-4 they left & they got the boot....that was a sad year....especially when you personally know these guys....

...besides until Camp breaks,no guarantees...

While true, it's not that difficult to predict the minor league rosters with quite a bit of accuracy. Even most of the releases are typically quite predictable based on prior year performance, and expectations upon signing or drafting the player.

With that said, diaspora, may I direct you to this thread http://www.motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33270&highlight=projection

My personal projections have changed quite a bit since this thread was active, based on recent discussions with the front office and several scouts down in Florida, but there's quite a bit of quality discussion there that gives a pretty good feel for the scenario.

Not from us, gets too disappointing with releases, trades, quits still coming....besides until Camp breaks,no guarantees and one year the coaches were going thru the dorms to catch guys b-4 they left & they got the boot....that was a sad year....especially when you personally know these guys....

Okay, rough day and I've finally reached the breaking point.

This forum used to be great. It used to be that there would be analysis, game updates, and straight up information that would not be found anywhere else. Where else will you find analysis on backup A ball outfielders being promoted for a day only to go back down? This was a haven from the weekly grind of being a stressed out college student, and a way to share a hobby... performance analysis of minor league players with other people who share the hobby... Where else can you argue the merits of a player just drafted giving it his first go around in the New York Penn League?

Unfortunately, over the course of this offseason, there has been this movement, a movement quite frankly that has made this board frustrating, and downright "dumbed down." All these constant photographs in threads they frankly don't need to be in, the incessant harping saying "Well, they are real people." You know what? They are real people living a dream that all of us would kill to live. If said players are standing in the way of progress towards the Tigers' goal of dominating the league, then I will call the players out on that.

To be frank, I really don't mind the personal information. I really like the information that Randy Beattie gives us. It is great information that cannot be found anywhere else. Deep down, I hope everybody breaks out and has a great season, but the simple fact is that prospects fail. The problem comes when the analysts on this board need to stray from honesty because players might be "nice guys" or "real people." I have a request, it is simple and it is blunt. If we are talking about the merits of a player, or where he may end up, and you don't like what is said, we DON'T CARE if you are related or if you are a straight up homer. Just let us analyze players amongst ourselves, I don't care if he is a great guy or a family member. It just becomes annoying, especially when this board used to be so great.

Done venting.

While true, it's not that difficult to predict the minor league rosters with quite a bit of accuracy. Even most of the releases are typically quite predictable based on prior year performance, and expectations upon signing or drafting the player.

With that said, diaspora, may I direct you to this thread http://www.motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33270&highlight=projection

My personal projections have changed quite a bit since this thread was active, based on recent discussions with the front office and several scouts down in Florida, but there's quite a bit of quality discussion there that gives a pretty good feel for the scenario.

I would be interested in seeing your updated list.

I would be interested in seeing your updated list.

At this point, the updated list is premium content for TigsTown. My preliminary lists were just that, my own stuff...but the final projections are articles for the site. Sorry.

At this point, the updated list is premium content for TigsTown. My preliminary lists were just that, my own stuff...but the final projections are articles for the site. Sorry.

I understand

This forum used to be great. It used to be that there would be analysis, game updates, and straight up information that would not be found anywhere else. Where else will you find analysis on backup A ball outfielders being promoted for a day only to go back down? This was a haven from the weekly grind of being a stressed out college student, and a way to share a hobby... performance analysis of minor league players with other people who share the hobby... Where else can you argue the merits of a player just drafted giving it his first go around in the New York Penn League?

Unfortunately, over the course of this offseason, there has been this movement, a movement quite frankly that has made this board frustrating, and downright "dumbed down." All these constant photographs in threads they frankly don't need to be in, the incessant harping saying "Well, they are real people." You know what? They are real people living a dream that all of us would kill to live. If said players are standing in the way of progress towards the Tigers' goal of dominating the league, then I will call the players out on that.

To be frank, I really don't mind the personal information. I really like the information that Randy Beattie gives us. It is great information that cannot be found anywhere else. Deep down, I hope everybody breaks out and has a great season, but the simple fact is that prospects fail. The problem comes when the analysts on this board need to stray from honesty because players might be "nice guys" or "real people." I have a request, it is simple and it is blunt. If we are talking about the merits of a player, or where he may end up, and you don't like what is said, we DON'T CARE if you are related or if you are a straight up homer. Just let us analyze players amongst ourselves, I don't care if he is a great guy or a family member. It just becomes annoying, especially when this board used to be so great.

Done venting.

I apologize for being a baseball dummy, but I really am learning a lot from you guys. I do enjoy taking pictures, and thought perhaps some might be interested in seeing what the guys looked like. I apologize if they are an offense and you find them frustrating.

Done venting.

One of the most popular threads over the off season has been the photo thread of Pre-Spring Training. If that is your one of your objections, as a major contributor; no apologies offered. You have one of the keener insights offered on this forum which I deeply respect even when we disagree. Even your comments about the unneeded photos I respect and if the rationale is to only post in the gallery is warranted, I can respect that, I do not wish to monopolize a thread. Some Moderator advice is appreciated on this. Edman brings up a good perspective.

Roger

Edman isn't talking about the threads dedicated to the pictures or about every thread with a picture in it.

I can't speak for him, but I think he is talking about threads where analysis is going on and suddenly a picture will pop up. I don't have as much of a problem with that as I do with people that get upset whenever a poster mentions that the organization is better off as a whole without certain players.

Objective analysis is part of what makes this board great. Of course there is room for the subjective stuff, its good to hear insights from the players personal life. However when people start telling posters that they shouldn't talk about a player's terrible stats or performance or the probablility that they will never make it is when it gets annoying.

Thanks Estrepe1, and I plead guilty in some of my earlier posts.

Roger

I wasn't trying to pour salt on a wound or trying to make anyone feel like they should feel bad about their posts.

I don't really care about it anymore I just plan on not responding anymore.O f course at times that means some people will feel like I am ignoring them. But thats alright.

I think a more realistic request would be to ask people to just ignore things they don't like seeing/reading. This place is getting bigger every week and you're going to have changes. These people have just as much right to say that player "a" shouldn't be released because he's a nice as you have in saying said player should be cut because he sucks.

I know you're just venting, but keep doing what you're good at (because we really need good analysis too) and try to not let this stuff bother you so much.

We've attracted a whole new fanbase this offseason that has brough a lot to this community. There are a lot of people here that enjoy hearing about the personal side of players and seeing pictures of them as well, and that shouldn't be stopped just because a few people don't like it.

I probably liked the old forum a little better but we don't have much of a choice. I'm not going to tell people to stop doing what they're doing.

Just my two cents.

Speaking for myself, I would prefer both the straight, hard analysis and the pictures/personal anecdotes.

Is there anyway we can have both without hard feelings and ill will?

Dan in NY

I agree.

Personal stuff is cool, but those presenting it should keep in mind that the players are in a business that solicits a certain level of scrutiny from both inside and out. As long as the "attacks" or analysis is not of too personal a nature, I think that it is acceptable.

Us analysts should be open to the personal reports - sometimes these reports can help explain what the analytics cannot. Besides, it Does put a face to the stats.

I know there are lots of parents & family (& guys whom have lived with us) of our our guys whom LOVE the photos & stories....and they appreciate those who can be there & take them & post them...FL is a long way from home for the most...thanks for your care & concern and keeping us connected....

Regarding edman:

I find it sad that you don't have the bonus of looking at the human aspect of this game that we all love. Too bad that you don't think that knowing the person behind the bat, glove or ball has anything to do with what kind of a player they are or how far they may go.

What makes you think that anyone on the board wants to read your "venting" any more than you want to read about the players as people or see pictures? I came in this thread today to see what we might expect at WM next month and am leaving without that but with disappointment at the annoyance I feel at this one post.

Speaking for myself, I would prefer both the straight, hard analysis and the pictures/personal anecdotes.

Is there anyway we can have both without hard feelings and ill will?

Dan in NY

I'm more interested in the analysis but there is plenty of room for both. Maybe people on both sides need to try to post to the subject in the thread title. Some threads are obviously intended to be analytical while others are more personal.

Even when the guys are "assigned" to a team for ST, there are NO GUARANTEES that is where he is going to land....they can play on/with AAA & end up in West Michigan....like I said, until camp breaks ....too much can happen, guys quit, are released, traded.....usually every years 3-4 return to their old teams....

Even when the guys are "assigned" to a team for ST, there are NO GUARANTEES that is where he is going to land....they can play on/with AAA & end up in West Michigan....like I said, until camp breaks ....too much can happen, guys quit, are released, traded.....usually every years 3-4 return to their old teams....

This is correct.

We had players return to West Mich for the 3rd year 2 years ago..so ANYTHING can happen, not every guy will advance a league every year either...only good thing, is they are still playing ball...how many @ AAA are still in the minors & for how many years?? THE LOVE OF THE GAME....

I think a more realistic request would be to ask people to just ignore things they don't like seeing/reading. This place is getting bigger every week and you're going to have changes. These people have just as much right to say that player "a" shouldn't be released because he's a nice as you have in saying said player should be cut because he sucks.

I know you're just venting, but keep doing what you're good at (because we really need good analysis too) and try to not let this stuff bother you so much.

We've attracted a whole new fanbase this offseason that has brough a lot to this community. There are a lot of people here that enjoy hearing about the personal side of players and seeing pictures of them as well, and that shouldn't be stopped just because a few people don't like it.

I probably liked the old forum a little better but we don't have much of a choice. I'm not going to tell people to stop doing what they're doing.

Just my two cents.

I appreciate the analysis and the discussion. Like I said before, I have learned a lot from all of you. I do not believe I have been guilty of complaining about someones honest analysis and opinion. If I have been guilty of being an offense to anyone, please let me know so I can try to be more sensitive in the future. I really enjoy this forum, and do not want to be an offense.

In a followup..would like to survey our forum as to when we should add a photo to a thread or provide a link? Possibly just a mention to the Gallery? Many of us forget our dial up days and photos ruin an interesting thread as they load. Edman85 has a point that I have seriously considered and I believe I have abused my access to our players and this forum. As many of you know, I am not a Stat guy or analytic and missed the earlier form of this forum. I'm emotion and enjoyment and try to share what I love in our game. The text of this thread has actually upset several posters enough to contact me to speculate if we need to establish a separate photo site supporting our Tigers. While I would also support this effort, I really enjoy this forum and look forward to my Log In. Would like to hear some ideas on when to post a pic...need a warning? ...start a separate thread?...let us know. Wendy and I are the most uploaders following Bert, and I'm sure she is also on board on hearing advice on what this forum would like. I am only here to learn, participate and provide our local activity. Be critical and lets make this even better.

Roger

You've abused nothing. It's sad that you have to feel that way. You've kept your (very appreciated) pics to mostly a couple different threads that were specifically for them. Keep doing what you're doing. If anyone disagrees, fine. I think it's silly that someone would though.