Bo don't know Ernie

Historical Photos of Briggs Stadium

I've been trying to locate some historical photos of Navin Field/Briggs Stadium before all of the expansions were completed. I'd love to see an aerial photo of the stadium in it earlier stages before everything was double decked all the way around. I don't know if anything exists. The earliest aerial photo I can find is from some time in the 1940's, however, the current structure had already been completed.

This is the only construction photo I have been able to find.

ph_ballpark_Briggs_Stadium.jpg

Anyone got anything else they can share?

I wish I could put some in. I have tons of books and stuff with photos. I have seen that second construction photo in one of my books.

Oh and not only is it wierd to see it before the highways are constructed, but it's interesting to see it with so much around it. Now it's just parking lots.

Check ballparks.com for some pictures.

I've been trying to locate some historical photos of Navin Field/Briggs Stadium [trim]

Anyone got anything else they can share?

Here's one of Navin:

SteveHatesCans.jpg

I got a great a large print of Dimaggio sliding into Third in 1946 from the Bombay company. It's a great shot of the rf corner and has George Kell in it too.