IdahoBert

Historic Tiger Baseball #16--Ed Summers

1bannerbottom.jpg

Today's Featured Tiger Player

0edsummers1908.jpg

--Ed Summers--

(1908-1912)

(click on name for statistics)

Summers went 24-12 as a rookie with the pennant-winning Tigers in 1908. That September 25, he hurled two complete-game victories over the A's. He had 19 wins in 1909, but his best-pitched game was not one of them; on July 16, he hurled 18 innings to a scoreless tie against Washington, allowing seven hits and one walk. He lost all four of his World Series assignments in 1908-09. He was a notoriously poor hitter, but both of his ML home runs came in a September 17, 1910 game against the Athletics. Rheumatism hampered his pitching, and he faded to the minors in 1912.

http://www.baseballlibrary.com/baseballlibrary/ballplayers/S/Summers_Ed.stm

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/IdahoBert/01summers.jpg

bat.jpg

basewingsCLR.gif

Bert, have you ever thought about putting these all together on their own website. Maybe a list of names that you could click on and they would have their own page. I could help, I am sure MWG and the guys at TigersCentral.com could help as well. I have plenty of hosting space available and the www.creativename.com is only about $10 for a year. Since you already have a ton of these made up, I bet it would take very little effort at this point.

You have already done the hard work by doing the research and putting them together in a beautiful format.

These threads put you over the top for the MVP voting.

PM me and we can discuss it some more.

I agree, they are done beautifully, and should be published for the baseball world to see (just don't stop putting them here as well--they are a fun read) If I were to make a suggestion it would be to get rid of the "thanks for clicking on an ad" thing. That tends to rub my fur the wrong way. :cheeky:

I agree, they are done beautifully, and should be published for the baseball world to see (just don't stop putting them here as well--they are a fun read) If I were to make a suggestion it would be to get rid of the "thanks for clicking on an ad" thing. That tends to rub my fur the wrong way. :cheeky:
That's just my way of thanking this site for giving me a forum to be such a shameless exhibitionist. It is a good idea to click on a few now and again, but maybe we don't need to be reminded every day. It is a free site for a reason and ad revenue is the reason.

I'm more of a reader than a poster here these days, and Bert, these posts of yours are the best reads. And the photos are great. Thanks a lot.

That September 25, he hurled two complete-game victories over the A's.

I know times have changed, but it still amazes me when I hear stories of Ps throwing two complete games in one day.