Todd

Mike Cameron

he has four homers in four at bats in tonights game against the first guy since 1993 to do that

I just benched a guy on my team from Seattle and I thought it was Cameron. I ran in the office to check it out and it was McLemore. It is a good day for whatever roto head has him on their team. Too bad he didn't have ducks on the pond.

From <a href="http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0502/1377272.html">ESPN</a>:

CHICAGO -- Bret Boone and Mike Cameron became the first teammates in major league history to both hit two home runs in the same inning, connecting back-to-back twice in Seattle's 10-run first against Chicago on Thursday night.

Cameron didn't stop there, hitting his third home run of the game in the third inning. The solo shot gave him the first three-homer game of his career.

After Ichiro Suzuki was hit by a pitch leading off the game, Boone homered. Cameron followed with a drive off Jon Rauch.

Two outs later, Boone again homered on the first pitch, this time off reliever Jim Parque. Cameron took Parque to a full count, then homered to center again.

And Cameron wasn't done. After Suzuki grounded out and Boone struck out in the third, Cameron put an 0-1 pitch over the left-field wall, drawing a gasp from the crowd.

There had only been 39 previous occasions of a player hitting two home runs in an inning, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. Eric Karros was last to do it, on Aug. 22, 2000, for Los Angeles. Mark McGwire was the previous AL player to do it, on Sept. 22, 1996, for Oakland.

Boone and Cameron became the first Mariners to homer twice in an inning.

Hoping to generate more runs after losing three straight, Mariners manager Lou Piniella shuffled his lineup for the game. Boone, who led the AL in RBIs last season, was bumped up to No. 2 in the order and Cameron was moved to No. 3.

When the inning ended, Boone had four RBI and Cameron two.

It was the second time in team history the Mariners have hit four home runs in one inning. The first time was on Sept. 21, 1996, in the third inning against Oakland.

Alex Rodriguez had been the last Seattle player to homer three times in a game, doing it at Toronto on April 16, 2000.

Cameron became the second player in the majors to hit three homers in a game this year. Houston's Lance Berkman did it on April 16 at Cincinnati.

I remember when the Tigers had four home runs in the first inning of a game, but it took four players, not two. It was three in a row by Al Kaline, Bill Freehan, and Mickey Stanley, topped off later in the inning by a mighty blow by the mighty Eddie Brinkman. They were the first team to ever hit four home runs in the first inning. "We set a record?" asked Stanley. "You mean Brink hit his in the first, too? I didn't realize that. Hey, we must be good."

It was July 29, 1974.

Cameron was incredible tonight

4 homeruns, nearly hit a fifth.

Kept a grand slam in the park for an out..

career night .