Jerome W

Does this look like a mirage

I don't no if it's just me, But I don't no whats all the hype was about Curtis Joseph. I no it's early, but from whatI seen he seems like another bum the wings brought in. I would prefer them to play Legace he's a better goalie, and think he has a better chance of keeping the cup here.

Jerome, you may think you are some kind of genius on games and trivia, but when it comes to hockey, you're definitely clueless!!:rolleyes:

Take last night for example... On the last two goals he had to be a MORTAL and allow the bang-bang cross ice stuff to work. I mean come on.. a goal on a 2 on 1? Like that ever happens! And then a slap shot deflected right to a guy going towards the net... he should have been able to react faster than any other human being on planet Earth and been ready for that.

Calm down Jerome its a loonngg season. CuJo is the best goalie in hockey without a cup and is money.

I hope the wings get more bums like him :)

I do hockey just as well as I know the other sports, enough for you. Now for the reason I writing, Why did they sign legace for all that money, if they didn't plan on playing him. Cujo maybe a good goalie, the best out theirthats up for discussion, as I said I would prefer them to play legace, he is as good as cujo if not better.

The same was said about Hasek last year when he lost a few early season games. The regular season, especially the first half, isn't a good measuring stick for why CuJo is here.

I think someday the Wings will allow Legace to start. At some point, guys are going to retire and they will go with a youth movement. After CuJo, it will be Manny's turn.

Originally posted by Jerome W

I don't no if it's just me, But I don't no whats all the hype was about Curtis Joseph. I no it's early, but from whatI seen he seems like another bum the wings brought in. I would prefer them to play Legace he's a better goalie, and think he has a better chance of keeping the cup here.

A mirage of what? If you are talking about how we got Hasek last year I can only hope it is!! Without Hasek, I don't think we win the Stanley Cup. Obviously that is debatable.

I also don't understand what you meant by "another bum"? Everyone we have brought in over the past 2 seasons has seemed to do really well and played an important part in getting the cup last year. Who are the "other bums" that the Wings have brought in?

I hope we don't become like some Yankee fans who complain when their team goes out and gets the best player available and pays top dollar for them and then complain when he doesn't win them a championship. Our team goes out and get's the best (I think every sports writer agree's that CuJo is the best) goalie available and we still have guys who will complain.

I find VERY few things to complain about when it comes to the Red Wings. We are spoiled, but we don't have to act like it!!!! Even if we don't win the Cup, the Wings have given us the very best chance at winning it...if you don't agree check every vegas betting line!

Originally posted by MotownRandy

I think someday the Wings will allow Legace to start. At some point, guys are going to retire and they will go with a youth movement. After CuJo, it will be Manny's turn.

Maybe, Maybe not. If they do decide to go with a youth movement its more likely that they are hoping that stephan liv is ready by then. he is a very good swedish goaltender that is in our system.

They've proven to be a class organization all over. I trust their judgement. I'm not that close of an NHL follower to tell you if Cujo was the best available. I know who he is, know that he's pretty good, and have seen him play for a long time but that's about it. I think Ken Holland is smart enough to not fall for the "big name" theory of running a team where one guy gets branded the hot commodity so he has to have him (Scott Mitchell in 94). They got Cujo right away so that tells me he's the guy. If Cujo plays like he has throughout his career, then failing to win the Stanley Cup will not be because of the goalie.

I don't know about you but Joseph hasn't shown that much, and all know is that the wings better score a lot of goals if they are going let joseph play. Regarding Legace they better play him soon, he is not young either. he is thirty himself, And in closing Hasek was not the reason the wings won the cup last season, It was they led the league in scoring, and they were in the top five goals against.

So the "bum" you mentioned in your original post that the Red Wings brought in was Hasek? I think you just summed up the quality of your arguement with that statement!

They need to get rid of this idiot GM we have!! Jerome has a great point about how Legace is definitely a cut above most goalies especially now that we got this terrible goalie in CuJo and finally got rid of that bum Hasek!

I know this will sound TOTALLY like a hockey elitist comment, but oh well. But the people who aren't way into hockey don't seem to grasp the whole goalie concept. A) They over value it in my opinion, b) they don't know the difference between a good goal and a bad goal (See the early games vs. Vancouver last year when Hasek took tons of heat for numerous shots nobody was going to stop) and people also simplify the issue way too much. They see goals and blame the goalie. Defense is as big a part of it as anything. Give up 2 on 1's, the puck is in the net.

The goalie is simply the last line of defense. I saw those two goals you are referring to and Cujo had no chance. Someone missed their guy because the opposing player was right there to fire it in. I think it helps to see the game in person. TV doesn't do justice to the fast pace and lightning reflexes that's required in hockey.

Cujo stumbled across a shutout tonight against Calgary.

If you missed it, you can turn on ESPN's Plays of the Week next week and check out one of his saves.

Originally posted by vasteras

Cujo stumbled across a shutout tonight against Calgary.

If you missed it, you can turn on ESPN's Plays of the Week next week and check out one of his saves.

that was a mirage vasteras. :rolleyes: