wingedwheel

Pete Gdaniec (danic2830)

Hey everyone,

I emailed danic2830 a couple of days ago and got this response from his son:

Jon,

My name is Ron and I am Pete's son. Pete passed away on Thursday, Nov. 3. I am going through his email and found your message. You are welcome to contact me at rgdaniec@hotmail.com.

Ron Gdaniec

Pete was a nice man who was very concerned about my daughter when she was in the hospital, even mailing her a get-well card. He had just PM'd me two weeks ago asking how she was. He had a place down the road from where I live, but regretably we never met. He wasn't coming down to Florida this winter, so I joked with him that we would miss his "Heard about snow storm. Been to 4 Hardware Stores down here in Fl. Can't find any" thread http://www.motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24163&highlight=hardware+stores+find.

This message board will not be the same without him.:depress:

John 11:25-26

That is sad. I wrote his son the following e-mail:

I am sorry to read the news about your dad. He was a great joy to the community that is MotownSports.com and his presence will be missed. May God be with you as you go through this time of grief and know that your dad, who we never even met in real life, brought us great joy from behind his keyboard.

very sad to think that somewhere out there, members of the Motownsports extended family are without a father or a grandpa tonight and some folks around here have one less friend.:depress:

This is beyond sad. It feels too cheap just to even post about it because it's anonymous. If anyone from his family reads this please know we are all thinking of you.

I looked through his posts and notice he was active in the "Day in History" Thread. I'm going to see if there's something we can do in there to honor him.

God rest your Soul Danic. I just lost my Mother yesterday morning and I have never felt so confused, sad, hurt, guilty and tired.

Wow, you never want to think about this happening to someone you communicate with on a message board, but it shows you how possible it is.

God bless his family and friends.

I never knew he was sick (or if he was sick at all). Does anyone know if this was a somewhat expected thing or what happened (not that it is my place to ask)?

This is just very sad news. I hope we don't get many more of these messages in the future.

I hope his family knows that even though we never met him, we will miss him.

The past few years after losing so many of my close family, it hurts to hear of the loss of anyone I know (and in this case have only shared thoughts). My prayers are with your family.

Roger

Man, it's ironic this happened now. I was just discussing something like this over the weekend, with some friends from another forum I'm on.

To anybody in Danic's family who may see this, you guys will be in my prayers, I hope that God can grant you peace through this difficult time.

God rest your Soul Danic. I just lost my Mother yesterday morning and I have never felt so confused, sad, hurt, guilty and tired.

My thoughts and prayers are with you in this very difficult time. Sympathies to the Gdaniec family for your loss. Peace be with all of you.

I hate saying sorry in a time like this, but it's tough to say anything else. My prayers are with you, Gdaniec family.

Pete made friends near and far, and through his involvement on MotownSports.com he made friends across the nation and, in some cases, halfway around the world. For his family members reading this thread, let God bring you joy to know how many of us enjoyed knowing him - if only in this rather impersonal venue - and are saddened to learn of his passing.

May God be with you.

This is just really sad ... Pete was a great man to discuss anything with ... a deeply righteous man with a strong spirit ... I wish I knew, we talked about many challenges with both his health and mine ... he never led on to his health dwindling ... we had an open lunch date, that was and never will be fulfilled here on earth - this is a regrettable error on my part ...

I sent Pete's son an e-mail; I will share his response when I receive one ...

I will miss Pete's gentleness and his ability to have fun, despite not feeling well ... he truly enjoyed his time at this site and the people associated here ...

I miss my friend :cry:

Pete was {64 years young} and passed in his sleep from an apparent heart attack.

Per the Funeral Home, the family has designated the American Diabetes Association as the recipient for any memorials. http://www.diabetes.org/home.jsp

Along with his Grandchildren in care of the funeral home. David C Brown Funeral Home @ (734) 697-4500

http://www.google.com/search?sa=X&oi=fwp&pb=f&q=BROWN+FUNERAL+HOME,+Belleville,+(734)+697-4500

GDANIEC PETER PAUL

November 6, 2005

Passed Thursday November 3, 2005 at his home. Beloved father of Ron (Lisa). Cherished grandfather of Cassie and Jeremy. Dear brother of Connie. Devoted friend of Hilma Bonnici. Funeral Service today 3 p.m. at DAVID C. BROWN FUNERAL HOME, Belleville, (734) 697-4500.

http://www.detroitnewspapers.com/deathnotices/display.cfm

So sorry to hear about your mom, budman. I lost mine in `02, & I still have days filled with tears.

RIP Danic. :cry:

Wow.. horrible, horrible news! We should do something to honor him here.

This is beyond sad. It feels too cheap just to even post about it because it's anonymous. If anyone from his family reads this please know we are all thinking of you.

I looked through his posts and notice he was active in the "Day in History" Thread. I'm going to see if there's something we can do in there to honor him.

My thoughts exactly.