cruzer1

#1 in the Power Rankings...

The Wings sure have been impressive so far.

Having 3 teams in their division that are among the worst in hockey should help their chances at a President's cup.

Who cares about the President's Cup?

I care because it would mean the Wings would have home ice advantage all throughout the playoffs.

cruzer, I bet with 10 -15 games left that is what all the Wings fan will be talking about. Winning the President's trophy. The Wings will have the West wrapped up with Vancouver being the only real threat. Staying healthy and the President's trophy will be the talk. Yes, it is premature To discuss now but with the awful divison and the weak West. The Wings will certainly make that one of their attainable goals as the season winds down. Then they will proceed to get bounced in the first round or maybe the second round which has been the case the last 2 trips to the playoffs:grin:

I am sorry, it is the President's Trophy. Pres cup is in Golf.

Any guesses on how many of the past 10 president's tropy winners have gone on to win the Cup?

I used to get wrapped up in it, until the Devils landed a Presidential four game sweep on the Wings. Didn't matter one bit after that. Plus I'm still pretty bitter about the '87 baseball playoffs. That's why I hope the Lions win their division with a 7-9 record, and suddenly get hot and a lucky break, and win the Super Bowl. Redemption.