MotownWebGuy

MotownSports.com Site Upgrade

MotownSports.com Site Upgrade

Tomorrow MotownSports.com is expected to undergo a complete site upgrade. The newest versions of the vBulletin message board software, the vbPortal website software, and the PhotoPost Gallery software will all be installed.

Due to the upgrade, the site will be shut down at some point for a period of time will the upgrades are taking place. Once completed, the site will reopen but may look slightly "out-of-place" while I work on tweeking the features, colors, styles, and content pages that you are familiar with here. This process could take a few days to complete due to other factors effecting my schedule.

As of now, I do not know when these upgrades will be toccuring and when the board will be shut down. The upgrade itself will be performed by the creator of the website software, so it all depends on how it fits in whith his schedule this weekend. If and when I know more specific information, I will be sure to pass this along to you.

So please excuse the mess after the upgrade is complete. These changes are being made to help keep the site up-to-date with the latest and greatest features. Hopefuly you will all like what you see when the process is finished!

This is an exciting development. The best message board platform around just getting better. Thanks for being on top of things!

I am looking forward to seeing what the upgrades are. This is great news (on the downside, I now actually have to figure out something to do tomorrow).

All the more reason for you people to become site supporters!! Help keep this place the best it can be! Most of us can afford at least some contribution. Every little bit helps. :classic:

Originally posted by Biff Mayhem

And if anyone doesn't like the changes I suggest taking out your aggression on Justin.

Do it anyway...:devious:

Originally posted by Biff Mayhem

And if anyone doesn't like the changes I suggest taking out your aggression on Justin.

Only Biff could put in such a pleasant way.........:cheeky::classic:

Wow, this will take a bit of getting used to.

Agreed.

Thanks for the work.

Besides the cosmetics, can you highlight the changes?

Who is this "Administrator" talking - Is this the boss of bosses?? Should I genuflect or offer to kiss the ring??

Also what's the point of being in invisible mode if I have a big red dot beside my name announcing such fact?? That's like somebody pulling off Clark Kent's glasses to reveal Superman. Being Invisible is my superpower dammit!!

Shaggy, it doesn't list you among those who are online. I think that dot just lets YOU knwo that you are on invisible mode.

How about a super secret 5000 post forum as so I could avoid the newbie sonsabitches when I'm not in the mood?? I know a 10,000 post super secret forum exists where all of our "betters" point and and laugh as us with lesser post totals, but how about you throw us fivethousanders a bone to chew on.

MWG of course would not qualify(not enough posts). Unless of course he posts under a different username and uses the MWG name for official *** kicking business posts. I'm betting he is Biff Mayhem...

So you can't see the red dot?? Either can I - I was just making **** up. Carry on. Nothing to see here...

How about a super secret 5000 post forum as so I could avoid the newbie sonsabitches when I'm not in the mood?? I know a 10,000 post super secret forum exists where all of our "betters" point and and laugh as us with lesser post totals, but how about you throw us fivethousanders a bone to chew on.

MWG of course would not qualify(not enough posts). Unless of course he posts under a different username and uses the MWG name for official *** kicking business posts. I'm betting he is Biff Mayhem...

So you can't see the red dot?? Either can I - I was just making **** up. Carry on. Nothing to see here...

Newbie sonsabitches huh? *insert smiley here that isn't uploaded yet obviously*

Glad to see the board is back up. This new design isn't bad, but it'll take some getting used to.

There is still a lot of work to be done... It may take a few days to get this place cleaned up.

Welcoem to the board! :D