TomBrookens

Zetterberg to Toronto ?

A report up here this afternoon said that the Wings, unable to sign him, may trade Hank Z to the Leafs. Both teams are kind of salary cap restricted so the only player movement that may be available to them, for the most part, would be through trades.

As an aside, Jim Nill was quite intersted in drafting Nik Antropov a few years ago, so that interest may still be there, as part of the package coming back to Detroit. Certainly the Leafs would have to ante up more then the underacheiving Russian to get Zetterberg.

I beleive Antropov is an RFA....like #40 is.

No way. I actually think, based on rumors as to how much Z has improved the Wings should up their ante a bit. Both he and Dats will be the central core of this year's team.

There isn't a player on the Leafs I'd want for Zetterberg. I guess a package of prospects could pique my interest, but not if we are trying to win now. I agree that Pavel Datsyuk will probably be traded before Henrik. The Leaf fans are funny - they think every free-agent will take on less money to play for the Leafs, bring that Toronto is the center of the hockey universe and all.

Leaf fans are laughable....they believe the hockey world revolves around them....they believe every bad call or loss is some kind of affront to justice.....and they have this belief that any NHLer who is from Ontario, played Junior in Ontario or has even heard of Ontario MUST want to come play for the Blue and White.

If you listen to sports radio up here, i swear that you can have one caller a week mention a blown call in the Stanley Cup semi finals from over 10 years ago that 'screwed' them.

With that being said, however, this rumour (hank Z for Antropov)was not from a citizen of the 'Leaf Nation' it was from a former NHL executive.

I too believe that Zetterberg will be better, for longer then Datsuk....and I also believe that if one of them has to be dealt to make the signing of the other one easier, it would be PavDat (I hope)

Its nice to see that the Toronto rumor mill is back up and running in full force. Anything coming out of Toronto is barely a step ahead of the Weekly World News.