mike ilitch is:  

45 members have voted

1. 1. mike ilitch is:

• The WORST owner in Tiger history
    • An horrible nasty vicious owner
    • Dumb. If he had a clue, he'd be dangerous
    • Not as bad as Monaghan, but still awful.
    • Great! I Love Him! So what if The Tigers havent won in ages.
    • Showing improvement
    • Decent but not there yet

Tigercub33,

But how long does he get a pass for what Monahan supposedly did? When do we pony up what he has done. And it's not like he didn't willingly purchase the organization. In 1997 we won some sort of organization of the year award. Actually maybe it was Randy Smith that won it I think. I don't really remember now. That seems like a good time to begin really judging Illitch. And since then we've posted how many 100-loss seasons? And another was of the 119 variety. I think it's really hard to blame those seasons on Monahan.

It would be like if I bought a party store and 8 years later I blamed the past owners for my bankruptcy.

Originally posted by Biff Mayhem

Quit bringing this site down to that level with this kind of garbage.

Oh, I see. It's only garbage because you like ilitch?

I get it now. It's ok for others to bash Trammell, but not ilitch.

After all, how can The Tigers be so bad under his regime?

I mean, really. It's not like we've had 12 consecutive losing seasons, 3 of which were 100 or more losses.

It's not like The Tigers---in thier long history have had only 6 seasons of 100 or more losses---3 of them uner his regime...one of them almost broke the major league record.

It's not like our record during his regime is a dismal 829-1149.

You're right BM, I shall embrace that.

Let me hop on the "I love ilitch because he does well with his other businesses, but really sucks as a baseball owner bandwagon":confused:

Originally posted by DTroppens

Tigercub33,

But how long does he get a pass for what Monahan supposedly did? When do we pony up what he has done. And it's not like he didn't willingly purchase the organization. In 1997 we won some sort of organization of the year award. Actually maybe it was Randy Smith that won it I think. I don't really remember now. That seems like a good time to begin really judging Illitch. And since then we've posted how many 100-loss seasons? And another was of the 119 variety. I think it's really hard to blame those seasons on Monahan.

It would be like if I bought a party store and 8 years later I blamed the past owners for my bankruptcy.

I wasn't even going to post anymore here after TFFL's moronic rant, but I will address your questions.

Monaghan deserves no blame for the 119 season.

Ilitch has not done well, but I think if you look PAST the record he has done more for the Franchise than the Monoghan (for reason I and other have explained).

Ilitch is/was bad, but he is not the worst.

tiger fan for life,

Come on. I'm posting as though this was a serious subject but the way you posted that poll you think anyone was really going to take this overly seriously? If you presented this with a better presentation you would get more responsible responses. But to start with your poll wasn't terribly an impressive presentation spawning such posts.

just my two cents from a guy who has absolutely nothing against you

Originally posted by tiger_fan_for_life

Oh, I see. It's only garbage because you like ilitch?

Answer this honestly: Did you start this poll to generate conversation or did you start this poll to start another pissing match?

The questions in the poll answer that for me. Here's a very strong and serious warning (and this goes for everyone)......

KNOCK OFF THE ATTEMPTS TO INCITE PISSING MATCHES, INSULTS, AND OTHER HORSESHYTE OR YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF AN UNWELCOME FORMER MEMBER.

Think I'm not serious? Go ahead and knock that battery off my shoulder and find out.

http://www.motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29909

Well said, Biff... well said. This topic has been covered ad nauseum, so I see no other reason for this poll existing other than to incite bad behavior.