mike ilitch is:  

45 members have voted

1. 1. mike ilitch is:

• The WORST owner in Tiger history
    • An horrible nasty vicious owner
    • Dumb. If he had a clue, he'd be dangerous
    • Not as bad as Monaghan, but still awful.
    • Great! I Love Him! So what if The Tigers havent won in ages.
    • Showing improvement
    • Decent but not there yet

Someone posted a Poll asking if you thought Trammell was a good manager or not.

I've decided to post one on ilitch.

Most of you know I cant stand him. I really dont wish he was dead, but I do wish he would sell The Tigers and get the **** out of TigerTown.:classic:

Wow, that's quite the selection of choices there, craptacular or wonderful. :classic:

You might as well have gone with:

A. Mike Illitch is awful

B. Baby seals should be bludgeoned

I know most of this was done as a joke but seriously it's hard to label Ilitch anything better than the worst. Some may want to put Monahan on top of the list for stripping the organization of many things a team needs but Ilitch has had plenty of time to make up for that and in reality his only winning season came early when it can be easily argued Monahan's hands were still all over the "success" of that team. From about 1997 (one of Ilitch's best years) and on it's hard to blame anyone but Ilitch for the Tigers' poor record.

I hated him in '03. But since he shelled out on Maggs, and has shown interest again in his team, all is forgiven.

I'm not sure what to answer.

I think in the coming years, we'll come to love Illitch. He was waiting till we got a solid core of players together before he is going to open his checkbook. I sincerly think he wants to build a winner in Detroit no matter what the cost is.

I prefer Papa John's. Although I have to admit, the $5 large pizza thing is a pretty good deal.

How can you hate a 79-year-old man who still dies his hair jet black and has his jeri curls updated every few weeks?

The poll is obviously a joke. Illitch is alright. I think there have been occasions where he's gotten involved in the day to day stuff when I'd have preferred he didn't, but he seems to pony up cash when it looks like the club has a good core of players to build around. The problem with the Tigers under Illitch is that we haven't drafted and developed any top tier talent and I don't know whose really to blame for that...I suspect a little blame can be parcelled out to a bunch of different people, which as a fan is never fun or easy.

Why keep arguing the same points over and over again?

That is all these Ilitch threads lead to.

Originally posted by estrepe1

Why keep arguing the same points over and over again?

Well, personally, I'd probably end up doing work otherwise...

You never took a course in "Polls 101" ... did you?.... lol! Unfair selection here!

You have four that are "Ilitch-bashing" and one that is "great". Nothing measureable between these two groups. Polls that offer a choice of (5) are supposed to cover all the bases. Yours does not -- you completely missed 2B -- so I chose not to vote.

Originally posted by Triple Se7en

You never took a course in "Polls 101" ... did you?.... lol! Unfair selection here!

You have four that are "Ilitch-bashing" and one that is "great". Nothing measureable between these two groups. Polls that offer a choice of (5) are supposed to cover all the bases. Yours does not -- you completely missed 2B -- so I chose not to vote.

Consider for a moment the person who started the poll (hint: he openly wished for Ilitch's death a couple days ago). It shouldn't be too surprising that the poll was set up in such a stupid manner.

Originally posted by Tyrus

I prefer Papa John's. Although I have to admit, the $5 large pizza thing is a pretty good deal.

Yes the $5 ($5.99) hot-n-ready thing is nice, but it's only a midrange pizza., Jet's is far and away the best in our area. I don't like Papa Johns, it's barely better then a digiorno frozen pizza.

Originally posted by tigersfan25

By the way, I must commend Damus Fucious in this thread. He hit the nail on the head.

Who? :confused:

Originally posted by Triple Se7en

Spot on. This poll is ridiculous at its base because it assumes that there are only two groups. Ilitch is awful or Ilitch is great.

Originally posted by estrepe1

Spot on. This poll is ridiculous at its base because it assumes that there are only two groups. Ilitch is awful or Ilitch is great.

Actually, it is ridiculous becuase it assumes there is are two groups - the reality is just "Illitch is awful."

Out of curiosity how can one reason that he's not worse than Monohan anyway? How can it be argued he isn't the worst owner of all time?

Originally posted by DrWho17

Yes the $5 ($5.99) hot-n-ready thing is nice, but it's only a midrange pizza., Jet's is far and away the best in our area. I don't like Papa Johns, it's barely better then a digiorno frozen pizza.

Dood! Jet's totally whoops that trick little ceasars crapola. I'll hammer a jet boat any day.

Originally posted by DTroppens

Out of curiosity how can one reason that he's not worse than Monohan anyway? How can it be argued he isn't the worst owner of all time?

Well, Monoghan was the one TRUELY responsible for the decay of Tiger Stadium (well, him and the weather and spinning of the Earth). Ilitch did pony up a BIG chuck of chnage for CoPa and he has (in the past and is currently) spending a lot of Free Agents and the whole development system.

Originally posted by DTroppens

Monoghan fired Ernie Harwell or at least he allowed it to happen. He hired Bo who knew nothing about baseball.

The true decay of this team occured under him. Ilitch has been really bad, but he at least tried to fix the problem even if he used the wrong fix. He at least brought in baseball people.

That to me automatically makes him worse than Ilitch.

Just when I think that the incendiary and stupid threads might stop, this one pops up.

"Hey, I'm bored. I think I'll start another fight on Motown Sports Dot Com even though everyone has been through this 100 times this week".

News flash: This isn't MLive or the official site. Quit bringing this site down to that level with this kind of garbage.