flimflam

home and away records

studying the standings today, and noticed that the Tigers were one of only 6 teams with a winning record on the road... but are also one of only 8 teams with losing records at home. they join some pretty good teams (Cards, BoSox, ChiSox, etc.) on the first list but some pretty bad ones (Rays, Royals, etc.) on the second. just thought it was interesting, even though for the Tigers it really is very close on both accounts (24-26 at home, 26-24 on the road).

the only other team that has also managed to be in both groups is the Tribe.

I think both records are too even to draw much from this.. that is interesting though.

right, and this might be a transitory thing related to where the club has played so far and where they have not yet. I don't have time to research that.

I guess that the larger point is that there are many clubs that have VERY significant differences in their performances at home vs. on the road (look at the Yankees, for example). and this home vs. away difference seems to be much more pronounced in the NL.

the Tigers this year are not one of those clubs. can't come up with a reason (any suggestions?), but thought it was worth noting.

Part of the problem is that The Tigers haven't really built a team to fit Comerica Park.

Without getting into all that "the fences are too deep" crap---we need a solid left handed bat in the line-up.

:classic:

Originally posted by tiger_fan_for_life

Part of the problem is that The Tigers haven't really built a team to fit Comerica Park.

Without getting into all that "the fences are too deep" crap---we need a solid left handed bat in the line-up.

:classic:

I'd like to add some more speed as well. Well, maybe not speed insomuch as good base running and good OF defensive range.