estrepe1

Tigers brass accompanies team on trip

Tigers brass accompanies team on trip

Front office relocates to the West, indicating there could be activity as trade deadline nears.

By Tom Gage / The Detroit News

SEATTLE -- As a reminder of what time of year it is -- the week leading to the trade deadline -- the Tigers' front office is fully represented on this trip to Seattle and Oakland.

General manager Dave Dombrowski made the trip, as did assistant general manager Al Avila. Other than in spring training, it's rare for both to accompany the team.

It's also rare for Mike Smith, the Tigers' director of baseball operations, to be on the road -- but it all points to the activity that could take place this week. The nonwaiver trade deadline is Sunday.

Even if the Tigers don't make a deal, there are calls to answer and return calls to make. Nothing indicates that the Tigers will do anything major, but that could change as the deadline nears.

Rumors are circulating, as they always do. The Orioles could be interested in Nate Robertson, according to the Baltimore Sun. Or the Tigers might be interested in A.J. Burnett of the Florida Marlins.

Then again, there's a good chance the Tigers won't do anything.

"I sense we're going to let these guys continue to play, which is what I'm hoping for," manager Alan Trammell said. "We like what we have, and I think we're going to let them continue to go.

"I'm not 100 percent sure nothing will happen, but I don't think we're going to be overly active, by any means."

Trade week isn't always easy on players. They hear the rumors, they know the possibilities -- but they have to put those concerns aside.

"You're paid to play," Trammell said. "You're a professional, you have to deal with things. To be blunt, that's your job. Really, that's the end of the story."

But not the end of trade week. That's far from ending -- which is why the Tigers' front-office road show will be in Oakland as well.

There are some nice hookers in the far west. While we are speculating anyway, this may be a factor of reason to consider.:crosseye:

Originally posted by Billy Ringo

There are some nice hookers in the far west. While we are speculating anyway, this may be a factor of reason to consider.:crosseye:

Speaking of hookers...did ron ilitch made the trip too?:cool: