Jonesy

When Young Gets Healthy

I am not sure of length of his injury but I propose this. When he gets healthy they move him to 3rd base and sit Craig. Randall Simon is playing to good to sit and with Young AND Simon on the corners we at least have 2 decent power hitters at the power hitting spots.

Jonesy

And for the love of all that is holy will they finally benchShane Halter!!!!!!

If we were truely trying to win ball games, Dimitri Young would be our DH. Randall Simon is a pretty good first baseman, and Youngs play at 3rd would make Paquette look like a gold glover. Of course egos and salary comes into play, Young will be playing 1st base and Simon will ride the pine pinch hitting and DHing every once in a while.

I wonder if we are getting from Simon what we would have gotten from Young for far cheaper and less commitment.

If we had a decent glove at short, with Easley playing second, I'd be willing to put Young at third with Randall at first.

Then you could DH Meluskey and Palmer.

Didn't I say wecould get from Simon the same thing we are gonna get for Young when we signed Young? Not that Simon is really as good as Young, but he's alot cheaper.

Whatever Simon is doing to up his power is amazing. Right now we are getting more from Simon than we could ever expect from Young. I don't expect Simon to keep it up at this level, but Simon is a better 1B choice than Young at this point. Young is a good choice at DH until Meluskey comes back, but Young should never be the 3B. He's just to bad at the position. We've got a bunch of log jams at the moment and no good way to fix them. Someone in the Higgy, Simon, Young, Fick, Meluskey, Rivera group is gonna have to get traded.

Randall said that he worked hard this off-season on elevating the ball because he knows he's strong enough to hit HR's.

It's very impressive. He still doesn't walk enough to be a real force on offense, but if he can hit 20 HR's and hit around .315 (which will give him a .350 OBP) he will be a valuable player, especially at his current cost.

I think the most likely deal to free up the logjam would be trading Bobby Higginson. I think Higgy is the man, but he has the most trade value. He is what I would call a true professional on the field. If we could get some good young talent that will have a definate impact that would be great. Then we have Young and Fick as the corner outfielders and Torrez in centerfield. Simon would be at first. Halter and Easley have no future with the team. Salazar is pretty good and Damien Jackson needs playing time. Paquette is ok, but deserves to be on the bench...only problem is he is the best 3B we have(screw palmer, he is old and hurt).

If and when Young, Easley and Melusky return healthy we could field a decent lineup as it is right now we are pretty good 1-4, the problem is at the bottom. Take Palmer out of the equation, I think he is done for the year, maybe forever with his poor health.

This is what I'd like to see:

Magee CF

Fick RF

Higgy LF

Simon DH

Young 1b

Melusky C

Easley/Jackson 2b

Paquette 3b

Macias/Jackson/Halter ss

If easley or macias r slumping i'd like to see jackson get some time

he is versatile enough to play either position