Sign in to follow this  
Hongbit

"Never Underestimate The Heart of a Champion"

capt.saa12006220330.nba_finals_saa120.jpg

This game was over the moment that Bill Walton declared at halftime that without any doubt the Spurs were going to win.

Go Pistons! Bring it on home Thursday night!

Originally posted by Hongbit

[bThis game was over the moment that Bill Walton declared at halftime that without any doubt the Spurs were going to win this game.

It's because the Spurs have Tim Duncan. Bill Walton has a thing for big men.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...thank god for TiVo...I don't have to watch that horse's ***** make ridiculous comments like, "Detroit had their chance"...F Walton. F anyone who counts the Pistons out. It's one thing to pick the Spurs, it's another to speak as if the Pistons are the walking dead, and most of the commentators/writers that picked the Spurs spoke in that manner every time it looked bad for Detroit. Spurs may win, and if so they have the better team, but NO ONE has the heart the Pistons do...bar none.

What was that crazy stat they flashed on the screen? Billups is something like 42 for 44 on free throws in the fourth quater in the Finals (Or was it the entire playoffs?) That is freaking amazing.

Chauncey in the Finals:

33-36 from the free throw line, that is 92% from the line.

For the playoffs he is shooting 89.4% from the line...

6.jpg

BTW Who said this guy is soft? Up until this game I don't think he played as well as he could but he was HUGE in this game.

Yeah, I called him soft... That was me. And he played exactly the way I said we needed for him to play -- enough said!

He has been shaking off his "SOFT FACTOR", more and more each year he plays, each playoff game he plays -- nice sign for the future!

This team just proved again that it has an unbelievable amount of guts and heart. They are gamers, maybe Frenando Vina's signing last year rubbed off on the Pistons as well.:cool:

Now a Game 7 win and this team pulls off maybe the greatest run of pressure game wins in 1 playoff year to win a title in the history of the game,

He needs to keep taking the ball to the hoop and posting up players. Because at his position it is typically a mismatch.

Originally posted by estrepe1

He needs to keep taking the ball to the hoop and posting up players. Because at his position it is typically a mismatch.

That's what I have been preaching him to do since early last season. He's a future 20 PPG player, he needs to realize that - asap :cool:

Originally posted by DaBishop

I've said it before and I'll say it again...thank god for TiVo...I don't have to watch that horse's ***** make ridiculous comments like, "Detroit had their chance"...F Walton. F anyone who counts the Pistons out. It's one thing to pick the Spurs, it's another to speak as if the Pistons are the walking dead, and most of the commentators/writers that picked the Spurs spoke in that manner every time it looked bad for Detroit. Spurs may win, and if so they have the better team, but NO ONE has the heart the Pistons do...bar none.

Excellent post, Bishop. I have a local who has no faith in the TEAM. I made a substantial bet with him. They win the championship or I have to get in the witness protection program or hire Nunzio and Vinnie, because I don't have the money to pay off the bet if the Pistons lose. I am sitting here calmly with a world of confidence.

Originally posted by estrepe1

Just for you Jon...

03pistons0621.jpg

THANK YOU!

Seriously, no one is cooler right now...in all of sports, than Rasheed Wallace :cool:

WANT SOME, COME GET SOME!

This is just me but I think the belts are simply silly but if they are important to Sheed then let him do it. If it helps him focus, let him do it.

P.S. Wasn't Earl Campbell 34?

Originally posted by DTroppens

P.S. Wasn't Earl Campbell 34?

Yes thats an Earl Campbell throw back jersey.

Those belts are bad ***. I think they should ditch the trophy and hand out belts.

In fact, I want to see Rasheed throw the belt down on the scorer's table before game 7 like it was a gauntlet and have the announcer introduce each corner like it was a heavyweight fight. That is what this is. Its like watching Rocky and Apollo Creed.

Jon,

They are just too WWF'ish for me. And when I think of pro wrestling I think of fake entertainment. But, like I said, if Sheed likes it I have no quarms about it. I'm not like calling for their banning.

Oh, I'm sorry I think it's the WWE now.

There is one thing sillier than the belts. It's how all the players that were traded were begging for one after they saw them. Most asked where their belt is.

Well that was pretty obvious. The Pistons are defending the title. Last time I checked Corliss Williamson wasn't on the Pistons defending anything. I can't figure out why the players couldn't figure that out and realize that's why they didn't get one.

Originally posted by DTroppens

There is one thing sillier than the belts. It's how all the players that were traded were begging for one after they saw them. Most asked where their belt is.

Well that was pretty obvious. The Pistons are defending the title. Last time I checked Corliss Williamson wasn't on the Pistons defending anything. I can't figure out why the players couldn't figure that out and realize that's why they didn't get one.

The only guys I saw asking for one were James and Okur. They were both on the team and should have got one. Sheed said he would make two more and give it to them.