CoachBelch

Gibby hints of Anderson trade

He said Anderson might have been traded. They didn't know why else he would not pitch the 9th inning with a one run-lead. They knew of no injury. Well if they did I hope they send Shane Halter with em

To feed the thoery- Dombrowski was "on the phone" during yesterdays UPN game when he was supposed to join the crew in the broadcast booth.

I wouldn't be against trading Matt Anderson, provided we got ourselves a centerfielder in return and gave up some salary baggage as well. But I wouldn't read too much into the situation, he probably had personal issues he had to deal with. I believe word would have leaked by now if a trade was all but completed.

don't let mattie see this thread, she'll flip.

Here's a real live baseball question.

Who would be our closer if not Anderson? ( serious question, I don't know the bullpen.)

Back to the Anderson subject - when did Gibby say that? I must have missed that.

But to add fuel to the fire:

Owens expects trade

Eric Owens doesn't plan on being with the Marlins too long. Owens, who thought he would be traded in spring training, expects the Marlins to ship him to another team because of his status as a fourth outfielder and his $2 million salary this season, The Miami Herald reported on April 26. The Tigers reportedly have interest in Owens, according to the newspaper. "Making a lot of money like I do here for a small-market team, anything's possible," Owens told the Herald. "I just put that out of my mind. Today I'm a Florida Marlin, and tonight they could come in and tell me I'm going to Detroit. It's not that big of a deal for me. One way I look at it is if a team is asking about you, then obviously they like me and it wouldn't be a bad situation for me to be in."

Is Nunez someone they want closing?

WHAT???!!!!

i HIGHLY doubt that anderson has been traded. he was in the bull pen this afternoon. i'm not sure why matt hasn't been pitching, but if he had been traded don't you think he would have been with the other team instead of in a TIGERS uniform?! i hope to god that matt isn't traded any time soon.

mattie(would be HIGHLY upest! )

If Dombrowski traded Anderson for Nunez and Owens I'm gonna be really depressed. Anderson is better than Nunez, and Owens is just an expensive crappy player. I don't think we really need any more of those.

Well...

An Anderson, Palmer, Lima for Lowell, Wilson, and Owens wouldn't be that bad.

The official website has posted a reason why Anderson wasn't used- he has a tight shoulder. He looked more pissed that he wasn't going in than sorry he couldn't go in due to injury IMHO.

Teams also give the manager a public vote of confidence just a few days before running them out of town too, so who knows.

Thank you Captain Obivious! :)

I sorta already knew that... I mean, who would take Lima and Palmer as major leaguers?

If the Tigers want to make some trades maybe they should look towards St.Louis. The Cards need starting pitching right now maybe the Tigers could unload Sparks for some players for the future. J.D Drew, maybe even pick up a promising relief pitcher for the future in Gene Stechschulte. The Cards do have some players that they might be interested in parting with at this point. Why not try to trade with a contender now so we have a chance at contending in the future. Just something to think about.

I have no problem trading Anderson since I feel like he's gonna have arm trouble in a couple years. However, since most closers percieved value is higher than actual value we better get something good.

Anderson has not pitched well - he looks like he has a problem with his arm or something.

I would NEVER support the trades suggested. Anderson has his whole future in front of him -- 100 mph.....I can't see it, don't like it.

Ok it turn out to be a injury but Giibby said it on the air that it could be a trade. And I would take J.D Drew for Matt Anderson any time. J.D is young and regarded as the best left-handed Hitter besides Barry Bonds in the N.L. Injuries would be the only reason I would not make that trade.

Yea I know go ahead with your list of better lefty's But I still make the trade

This seems like a no brainer to me.

Florida is a team in dire need of a closer. The Braden Looper experience failed and Nunez needs polishing. They also have Cliff Floyd who will not be with the team next year. Most likely he will be dumped at the deadline.

We need to pull the trigger on this deal. Anderson for Floyd. We may have to throw in a few prospects or possibly both sides will add a few big leaguers to make this a larger deal.

If we are talking about St. Louis...

ALBERT PUJOLS! ALBERT PUJOLS!

I vote for Albert Pujols...a good third baseman, who hits for average and power...

just a suggestion, Mr. Dombrowski...

;)

The Cardinals are not going to trade Pujols or Drew for anything on our team. Either can be MVP candidates if healthy. We couldn't trade Weaver and Sparks for one of them, much less Anderson and something else.

Floyd won't be with the team because he is gonna be really expensive. Looper and Nunez are both solid relief pitchers. Florida really doesn't NEED a closer, and either Looper or Nunez will be effective if given the chance. I doubt Florida makes a desperation move to pick upa closer, but it is possible given that Loria owns the team and is a complete moron.

If there is a Marlins-Tigers trade, I hope it is one of those ten player blockbuster type deals(mild exaggeration). Don't get Floyd cuz he is free agent after this season. I want Mike Lowell and/or Luis Castillo. They have some fine young arms too!

They can have almost anyone they want from our team.

Here is my trade:

Florida gets: Easley, Anderson

Detroit gets: Eric Owens, Luis Castillo, Nunez

I think the Tigers should shop Higgy to some contenders like St. Louis(for example). Although Pujols would make sense when you consider who our manager is, I am interested in Placido Palanco. He has top of the order/lead off ability and is capable of playing alot of positions...most importantly third base. If we got him the cards could have Higgy in leftfield and Pujols at 3rd permanently. I would also want some kind of pitcher in return.

Make these two trades and I will be a happy tigers fan.

Placido Polanco:

Career OBP: .335

Career SLG: .384

Don't you think we have enough utility guys on the team already? The guy hits for average and nothing else. I can't think of any reason someone would want Polanco over Pujols (who is younger, and better in just about every way).

I'm not sure how long Owens is signed for, but if he could be removed after this year the Marlins trade looks good. I like Anderson, but I'd rather have Castillo and Nunez and get rid of Easley's salary. Of course, no team is gonna trade talent AND take easley off our hands, unless they are just plain stupid. Lowell would also be a solid choice.