You have to admit, with all the injury's this team has had thats pretty good. Pretty good never won nothin though.

I would agree with this... this team has faced some key injuries this season, and has not been as sterling offensively as many thought they would be...

However, if the pace continues, we will have big additions in midsummer, with Maggs and Percy...

.500 isn't "pretty good." Sorry to say it, but if .500 is a goal, than we aren't shooting high enough.

Most people on this board predicted the Tigers to finish only a little over .500 with a healthy Ordonez and Percival contributing all season. Given those expectations and including these and other injuries, I'd say .500 is pretty good--but it's obvious we have still been underperforming.

It's a milepost along the way. I'm seriously hoping for a winning percentage in the high .500's - I want 90 wins, and I think they're attainable. So, we had to pass through .500 to get there. Psychologically, I think it's a big deal.

It's not really analagous, but I like the quote anyway...Terry Adams, the creator of Dilbert, said: "The neat thing about becoming 'over-exposed' is that you have to pass through 'filthy rich' to get there".

IdahoBert,

I figured between 80 and 83 wins but I never realistically thought all our "studs" would produce all season. Ordonez was a question mark. I wasn't thinking of Percival in terms of an injury but there were questions if his best years were behind him. I did take that in account when making my prediction. Pudge had some health issues last year as did Guillen. I really thought it was a pipe dream to think all these guys would play even close to 140 games this year. The one person I really didn't throw into that equation for some reason was Dimitri.

Really I think this team is about dead on where they will finish and that accounts the injuries to a large part. I'm sure they will have hotstreaks and coldstreaks putting their record +5 or -5 from .500 at times, but really it seems this team is playing right where they belong. If anything I'm feeling that 80-83 range is looking better every day.

One thing that really has been a bit of a shock is our pitching staff in general. If they keep up their recent standards on a fairly consistent basis, then that about .500 range will need to be reexamined. The pitching has been a nice surprise.

Charles Liston,

I think you are right though. The more we get within a game of .500 and fall short again the more mental that barrier gets. It's nice to see us get it today. Now it would be nice to see us not make +.500 a mental barrier the next week or so.

I think Tram is doing a wonderful job of managing at the moment, with special kudos to Bob Cluck.

.500, and some of the bats are showing signs of life, specifically Rondell and Omar. If White can get it going in the cleanup spot (should be D-Y but I digress), then you will see a lot less runners LOB ...

This is Tampa, though, so stayed tuned ....

Reaching .500 last night felt great, but it's kind of like kissing your sister considering the Tigers' +23 run differential. It feels like this team should be at least 3 games over .500.

P.S. - My sister is a good kisser.

Signed,

Hillbilly in Missouri.

Originally posted by Franks151

P.S. - My sister is a good kisser.

Why are you telling us things that most of us already know?

Originally posted by Biff Mayhem

Why are you telling us things that most of us already know?

What can I say? She has a weakness for male models. I showed her your modeling portfolio and next thing I knew she was at the Greyhound station buying a one-way ticket to Michigan. :classic:

Originally posted by RobbyT3

You have to admit, with all the injury's this team has had thats pretty good. Pretty good never won nothin though.

Factor in some of the underacheiving with the injuries, most notably Pudge, Pena, Infante. Logan's been a very bright spot, and the pitching has been very solid lately.

This team has a hot streak due yet. The White Sox will not play .700 all season. The Twins are not what they once where. The Tigers will be in the mix.

Originally posted by Casimir

Factor in some of the underacheiving with the injuries, most notably Pudge, Pena, Infante. Logan's been a very bright spot, and the pitching has been very solid lately.

This team has a hot streak due yet. The White Sox will not play .700 all season. The Twins are not what they once where. The Tigers will be in the mix.

Oh, how I wish this were true! "HOPE BEATS ETERNAL IN THE HUMAN BREAST!"

But, unfortunately, reality says 3rd place is about all we can hope for this season!