MotownRandy

Official 2005 Draft Day Thread

Originally posted by tigersfan25

I would like to see Roth, myself. I am sure you are familiar with Roth, being that you are from Iowa...

I don't think Roth will make it to #41. He'll go at the top of the 2nd... we'd have to trade up... (anyone want Hakim?:cheeky: )

Originally posted by 84 Lives!!!

I agree with this too. But as a BPA, I'd find it hard to pass up Baas. Name someone you'd select ahead of him, if available at #41.

Dan Cody

Shaun Cody

Matt Roth

Mike Patterson

Marlin Jackson

That's off the top of my head. In short, I would take the top rated DLineman or defensive back before Baas. I like Baas a lot, but I think the Lions have other needs on defense. They shored up the Oline when they got Kosier (sp?) from SF.

It's time to focus on defense.

Originally posted by tigersfan25

I would like to see Roth, myself. I am sure you are familiar with Roth, being that you are from Iowa...

Yeah, I have watched him a bit (I am a transplanted Michigander, so I actually am an Iowa State fan). Roth has a ton of ability and has the weird attitude you like from linemen. He actually used to use Eye-Black all around his eyes, not just the lines under his eyes. Iowa somehow can take regular guys out of high school and turn them into college studs.

I like Jackson and Roth at #41, but I doubt either will be there.

Originally posted by Tigercub33

I like Jackson and Roth at #41, but I doubt either will be there.

They might be if teams keep doing stupid stuff like taking Castillo or Matt Jones.

Lions are looking good so far. I think Marlin might go to the Pats. They need secondary help and seem to like Michigan players.

Originally posted by Buddha

They might be if teams keep doing stupid stuff like taking Castillo or Matt Jones.

Lions are looking good so far. I think Marlin might go to the Pats. They need secondary help and seem to like Michigan players.

Nevermind. Good luck Marlin.

BTW: Hongbit has to be on cloud nine right about now. If they take Shaun Cody, I think his head will explode.

Dan Cody

Shaun Cody

Matt Roth

Mike Patterson

Marlin Jackson

I don't see any of these guys making it to 41. 2 down, 3 to go on your list...

What are the thoughts on our 3rd rounder? I would love for them to take Shazor in the 3rd (even though that might be a bit of a stretch). I wonder if Ernest is second guessing his choice to leave school early.

I think the Lions are taking a DE in the 2nd though. I wish they were picking #36 and not #41.

Could we see a trade if Roth or one of the Codys is still there in the mid 30s?

What are the thoughts on our 3rd rounder? I would love for them to take Shazor in the 3rd (even though that might be a bit of a stretch). I wonder if Ernest is second guessing his choice to leave school early.

I think the Lions are taking a DE in the 2nd though. I wish they were picking #36 and not #41.

Could we see a trade if Roth or one of the Codys is still there in the mid 30s?

3rd rounder - Shazor... sorry but no. Millen believes in "speed kills" and I do too. Holt will back up SS behind Kennedy if anything...

Take a develop-type like Stanford Routt or Ron Bartell... CB's with size & speed that you use as dime-CB, 2nd FS.

Originally posted by Shaggy Ry

What about the kid Tuck???

Tuck might slide to 41.

I think teams are going to all hunt DE speed at the top though... the 3 other DE's (Cody/Cody/Roth) are gonna get selected pretty quick. So a trade-up I think is our only option if 1 of 'em is our target...

Lions don't need another SS. They have Kennedy there.

3rd rounder - Shazor... sorry but no. Millen believes in "speed kills" and I do too.

I have watched Shazor play for several years (as I am sure a lot of other have). The kid has ENOUGH speed and he hits SOOOO hard. Sometimes you have to ignore the 40 times from the Combine/ProDay and just look at the tapes.

Yeah...............this is probably where it becomes obvious I view the draft in Maize & Blue Shades :cool:

What in the hell was up with that NE pick?? Mankins?? If anybody other than Belichick made that pick I'd say they were numbskulls...

What in the hell was up with that NE pick?? Mankins?? If anybody other than Belichick made that pick I'd say they were numbskulls...

Yeah. I was like, "who"? But you can't argue with the Pats' record.

There goes Baas. We'll never know if the Lie Downs would have picked him.

Poole is dropping...

Yeah. I was like, "who"? But you can't argue with the Pats' record.

The guys on ESPN were kind of looking at each other like "Ummm, who? Really? Are you serious?"

I think the OL guys are always tough to judge though.

Poole will go in the next three picks...

HAHA, good call, he is gone...............

Dammm... Pool was on my want list.

Logan Mankins is a nasty 320 pound guard. He'll friggin crush you... but he shoulda been mid-to-late 2nd.

'cept Belichek wanted him...

Looks like the Lions will get a shot at a pretty good DT or DE.

(Buddha said, thereby jinxing the Lions...)

Dammm... Pool was on my want list.

Logan Mankins is a nasty 320 pound guard. He'll friggin crush you... but he shoulda been mid-to-late 2nd.

'cept Belichek wanted him...

A dominant line makes your average QB and WR's Superbowl Champions. He gets the kid on a rookie contract for the next four years while we're paying Woody an arm and a leg to do the same job...