MotownRandy

Official 2005 Draft Day Thread

Originally posted by Tigercub33

Hakim and our 4th and 3rd next year to move up and take Campbell, Marlin Jackson or maybe Matt Roth (DE Iowa).

I think you could get the last two with one of the last 4 picks of the 1st or the first 2 picks of the 2nd.

Why would any team make trade for Az Hakim and his ridiculous contract? Enough with the "let's trade our worst player for a first round draft choice." Give me a break.:cheeky:

I think the Lions should keep Az. Name a better 5th receiver in the NFL. He can return kicks too.

Originally posted by Buddha

Why would any team make trade for Az Hakim and his ridiculous contract? Enough with the "let's trade our worst player for a first round draft choice." Give me a break.:cheeky:

Hakim is HARDLY our worst player (see Brock Marion or either of the Walkers). If you read closely I ALSO said our 4th rounder this year and a 3rd rounder this year. A team that has 2 picks in the 1st round MAY be willing to do a trade.

I believe I made a suggestion, sorry it is not one you are pleased with.

Originally posted by cruzer1

I think the Lions should keep Az. Name a better 5th receiver in the NFL. He can return kicks too.

Dead-on.

Roy Williams, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Az-Hakim, & Kevin Johnson.... plus Pollard and Kevin Jones & Bryson... If I'm a NFC North defensive coordinator, I'm getting worried about now...

Name a better 5th receiver in the NFL.

Name a 5th reciever making that kind of money...

Hakim is HARDLY our worst player (see Brock Marion or either of the Walkers). If you read closely I ALSO said our 4th rounder this year and a 3rd rounder this year. A team that has 2 picks in the 1st round MAY be willing to do a trade.

I believe I made a suggestion, sorry it is not one you are pleased with.

Why would a team want Az Hakim and his contract? Why?

Originally posted by 84 Lives!!!

Dead-on.

Roy Williams, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Az-Hakim, & Kevin Johnson.... plus Pollard and Kevin Jones & Bryson... If I'm a NFC North defensive coordinator, I'm getting worried about now...

Hakim makes too much money.

And what about David Kirkus? He's going to be a superstar, I mean Dre Bly said so!:cheeky: (whoops, I don't think that guy is on this board anymore...)

And what about David Kirkus? He's going to be a superstar, I mean Dre Bly said so!:cheeky: (whoops, I don't think that guy is on this board anymore...)

You mean that one wide reciever who couldn't beat out Scottie Vines? :classic:

Here's a question:

If David Baas is available at #41, do you select him? Who do you choose if not him?

If I'm the Lions, I would seriously consider him...

PS:

If the Lions TRULY believed in Kircus, or any other potential 5th receiver, then by all means, trade him. But I think with his high contract the interest in him is roughly... nil.

We could always cut him... & then try to resign him at a much lower salary... it's been done before...

Why would a team want Az Hakim and his contract? Why?

The same reason The Lions did. He has a ton of speed and occasionally he can catch a pass. :cool:

Buddha, I don't have all the answers (nor do I claim to, I leave that to spiritual beings/religious icons like yourself). NFL GMs make moves that nobody can figure out all the time, it is bound to work in our advantage SOMETIME.

There teams with SERIOUS needs at WR and we seem to have 1-2 extra.

Pistons basically in control... 94-79 with 5:38 to go... Sheed with 27 pts, Dalembert has 17 rebounds, Ben w/ 7 blocks!!!

What does he have, broken bone-itis?

Thats ridiculous, he has been injury prone period. Nothing you can say will change that.

Hopefully that plate fixes it.

The same reason The Lions did.

Because they're stupid?:classic:

No team will trade for Hakim because 1) he makes too much money; 2) isn't very good; 3) if they want him, they'll just wait for the Lions to cut him, which they will do to save some cash.

Originally posted by 84 Lives!!!

Here's a question:

If David Baas is available at #41, do you select him? Who do you choose if not him?

If I'm the Lions, I would seriously consider him...

Not me. They need defensive help. DLine and speed in the secondary.

No team will trade for Hakim because 1) he makes too much money; 2) isn't very good; 3) if they want him, they'll just wait for the Lions to cut him, which they will do to save some cash.

Ditto.

I wouldn't say he's not very good so much as his skills have eroded quite a bit since he suffered the hip injury... he could still be productive... at a lesser cost.

Not me. They need defensive help. DLine and speed in the secondary.

I agree with this too. But as a BPA, I'd find it hard to pass up Baas. Name someone you'd select ahead of him, if available at #41.

Because they're stupid?:classic:

Ummm yeah actually, that is the hope :cheeky:

So, it seems like we ALL think the Lions are taking D at #41. Do we have any names thrown out there yet?