MotownRandy

Official 2005 Draft Day Thread

Troy Williamson, WR, South Carolina

I know nothing about either of these picks. Looks good for the Lions who should be drafting best player available or trading down.

Originally posted by Tramfan

So what happens if Mike Williams is still on the board? Could get interesting. Stay tuned ....

Does anybody think the Lions would draft Williams and then trade Charles Rogers? It could definitely get interesting.

I can't believe the Purple People Eaters passed on Williams. Lets hope he falls to the Lions.

Don't draft a Miami guy, go with Johnson over Rolle (then hope Marlin falls to us in the 2nd).

Rolle is gone to Zona

That means Rogers, Williams and Johnson are still there.

Williams goes to Washington is my guess.

Originally posted by MotownRandy

Does anybody think the Lions would draft Williams and then trade Charles Rogers? It could definitely get interesting.

No.

I agree with you cruzer. I think the Lions need to take Williams. This gives the Lions one of the best WR Corps in the NFL.

There is no way on God's green earth that the Lions could or would trade Charles Rogers.

Originally posted by Tigercub33

I agree with you cruzer. I think the Lions need to take Williams. This gives the Lions one of the best WR Corps in the NFL.

It would give them the most expensive WR corps. And the WR corps with the most hype and potential. Production? Not even close.

Originally posted by Buddha

It would give them the most expensive WR corps. And the WR corps with the most hype and potential. Production? Not even close.

Mike Williams can play TE. Do the Lions REALLY take ANOTHER LB. You HAVE to give Harrington another option.

WoW - Mike Williams is there for the Lions! Just keep your Lions history in mind, whoever is drafted AFTER the Lion's pick - is an automatic HOF while the Lion's choice is a bust. :cheeky:

:alien:

Originally posted by Tigercub33

Mike Williams can play TE. Do the Lions REALLY take ANOTHER LB. You HAVE to give Harrington another option.

BTW, welcome back to the board. I noticed that you have had 19 posts over two years, so I am guessing you haven't posted much... but keep posting... it becomes addcting... :classic:

Williams. Williams. Williams.

Just because its the sexy pick and mel kiper had him ranked #1 overall, how can we pass him up for a linebacker? :cheeky:

It's time for our 15 minutes of fame. Options:

Rodgers

Williams

Johnson

Trade

Other

What do ya'll think?

Wasnt rodgers just taken by Washington, or is there another rodgers....?

Williams would be interesting, but the Lions have some needs on the other side of the ball. With that said, I don't think OLB is their biggest need... I would like a trade down, but that is very doubtful.

I'd talk to SD about swapping the first two picks so they can take DJ. Then we could still get Williams @ 12.

Originally posted by SpartanValor

Wasnt rodgers just taken by Washington, or is there another rodgers....?

Aaron Rodgers, Cal QB