MotownRandy

Official 2005 Draft Day Thread

NFL.com and sirius get props from me for putting their radio draft coverage for free on the net.

Niners were considering trading Smith to the Browns and selecting Rodgers at #3, but that might not happen since Edwards is available for the Browns now.

Last year it was KWII and now it's Edwards to the Browns. Cleveland is a pretty OSU nutty town and this is who the fans get to cheer. :classic:

Thanks for updating it osurower. I'll be in and out today so I can't keep up with all the picks; I'll do my best. We did this last year and it was alot of fun. (of course, it wasn't snowing last year at this time)

Is Cleveland going with Dilfer at QB? He's got a few weapons.

Originally posted by Mark The Shark

4-for-4

Hey cruzer, what are the lottery numbers gonna be?

I wish I knew.:classic:

Originally posted by MotownRandy

Thanks for updating it osurower. I'll be in and out today so I can't keep up with all the picks; I'll do my best. We did this last year and it was alot of fun. (of course, it wasn't snowing last year at this time)

No problem, I'm working on a lab report and since I have an attention span of about 10 seconds I need breaks.

A couple of thoughts:

Pick 2: I am really high on Ronnie Brown as a player but I think Miami may be disasterous for his career. I hope they don't burn him out in two seaons.

Pick 4: I don't like Benson to Chicago. I'm very scared of the workload he's faced thus far.

edit: Did Benson just say he didn't know who the real him was? WTF?!

wow cedric benson was really upset

Pick 4: I don't like Benson to Chicago. I'm very scared of the workload he's faced thus far.

but hes been able to handle it so far

Originally posted by Todd

but hes been able to handle it so far

Agreed. It's just a stupid concern of mine and I'm glad he's not the Lions pick.

Carnell "Cadillac" Williams, RB, Auburn

The fact that two running backs from the same school get drafted this high is amazing. Did anyone see these guys play? I didn't.

Nice 5 for 5 Cruzer. I think he's a solid pick for Gruden. Clayton could become even more dangerous.

Originally posted by MotownRandy

The fact that two running backs from the same school get drafted this high is amazing. Did anyone see these guys play? I didn't.

I saw a couple games and I think they'll both be pretty good players. They looked good to me but I don't get paid for anything associated with football.

Not smart to bring Aaron Rodgers to NY. Just the situation the NFL wanted to avoid.

Originally posted by osurower

Nice 5 for 5 Cruzer. I think he's a solid pick for Gruden. Clayton could become even more dangerous.

Thank you.

Pac man Jones before Rolle? Interesting...

Rodgers falling isn't good for the Leos.

Well guys, have a good rest of the day. I've just been summoned to go look at apartments. It's snowing and draft day.

Originally posted by Buddha

Pac man Jones before Rolle? Interesting...

Rodgers falling isn't good for the Leos.

But Rolle falling is. Stay tuned.

Williamson over Williams....Hmmmm.....

Is it THAT much of a surprise? People have been gushing about his speed all week.

Would the Lions take Williams if Rolle and Carlos Rogers are both gone? Does Aaron Rodgers dropping mean that some team would trade up to get him? Would the Leos trade down if Rolle is gone?

Hmmm....

As much as I think the NFL draft is just a bunch of hype, I love the intrigue!

So what happens if Mike Williams is still on the board? Could get interesting. Stay tuned ....