Ranger

Juan Gone - What a surprize!

I've never heard of such an injury, weird. The way he torques his hands and wrists when he swings, especially on a checked swing, it's not all that surprising he'd have it.

While we are on the subject of former Tigers Juan Encarnacion is off to a solid start with 3 Runs, 3 HR's, 8 RBI and 2 SB's eventhough I did see him butcher a fly ball on one of the national highlight shows.

With Luis Puljos and now Filipe Alou on the bench for the Tigers, I'd have liked to see if they could have done something with Mr. Encarnacion to help him reach his projected potential.

I think Encarnacion pretty much has reached his potential. he doesn't walk enough, or hit for enough power, to be a usefull corner OF. He doesn't play good enough D to be a full time CF. He's a 4th OF.

Having Alou around wasn't gonna help Encarnacion learn to draw a walk.

It may have been nice to have Alou around when we had Polonia, Gonzalez, Encarnacion, and (is there anyone I'm forgetting from '00?). But then again why couldn't they respond to Garner (when he was actually getting the job done for the most part)?

The blackhole that is the Detroit Tigers lockerroom ruined him. Also he's been pretty fragile lately, and I'm guessing he's older than advertised.