Sign in to follow this  
eastside billee

Jamie Walker?

Where did he come from, and WHEN? I missed that one.

Anyway, I watched his pitching performance -- INCREDIBLE!

A Lefty that can throw -- just what the doctor ordered. What a

freakin curveball he had -- and controlled it no less. Wherever they got him, and for whatever they paid to get him, that was a great deal. We need some middle relief. Acevedo can't do it all year long by himself!

You should have seen the posts after his first appearance. People wanted to hang him (myself included).

Which just goes to show you players shouldn't be judged based on a game by game basis,but over a longer period of time.We are all pretty quick around here to slam guys after a couple bad performances and demand they be dumped or traded or scream about why the manager doesn't bench that guy.If Pujols benches every guy that has a weeks worth of sub par showings,we won't have a team by July.

Yeah, when I saw his first outing I thought: C.J. Nitkowski from the left? A gas can to bring in whenever there's a fire?

But he impressed the spit outta me against the Sox.

I say, give him some time. Let's see how he does next time out. Hell, let's give him a month or two. It's not as if we have anything to lose.

I'm from Missouri and had the opportunity to watch Jamie Walker pitch when he played for the K.C. Royals. Walker's fastball usually tops out at 89-90 so he has to rely on command and his offspeed pitches to get outs. He has a pretty good curveball and an average changeup. Honestly, he wasn't that great while in Kansas City. Lord knows the Royals would've kept him if he was good (as desperate as they are for pitching). If his ERA hovers around 4.50 this year I'd be happy. That's better than the two Matt's (Perisho and Miller) can do.

Thanks for that info. and input...I was in the hospital obviously when he pitched (and the tv did not pickup the tiger games, which made me sicker lol) --

He looked really great on Sunday. If he could just continue like that, we'd have a coux of a pickup there.

Yes, I am on the other side of the state..and much further south than you. I live in Joplin, Missouri which is in the southwest corner approx. 1 hour from Springfield. I'm heading up to the day game tomorrow vs. the Royals to see Sparky pitch.