Sign in to follow this  
baseballbruce30

Electoral Vote Predictor 2004

Originally posted by DetroitFolly

I'm going to vote, take a nap, watch the Pistons game (its the opener, after all...) and THEN I'll turn on the News.

Yes, I think I will be watching much more of the Pistons game than the election returns.

Originally posted by Buddha

Yes, I think I will be watching much more of the Pistons game than the election returns.

At least you'll get to see one victory tomorrow:classic:

Originally posted by estrepe1

It is going to be interesting to see what happens. Like I said I am not going to be suprised either way, I think its going to be a tight one.

My sense is a surprising blowout--in electoral votes at least--for Kerry. 300-320 electoral. The "unknowns" of undecided, unpolled cell phone users, and high voter turnout just seem to be pointing in that direction. I would not be surprised if Bush wins, but I'd be more surprised if Kerry loses at this point. I've felt this way all along...We'll see.

I just can't think about anything else. I don't how anyone could watch a game tomorrow. This is the only game in town that my attention span can focus on.

Originally posted by IdahoBert

My sense is a surprising blowout--in electoral votes at least--for Kerry. 300-320 electoral. The "unknowns" of undecided, unpolled cell phone users, and high voter turnout just seem to be pointing in that direction. I would not be surprised if Bush wins, but I'd be more surprised if Kerry loses at this point. I've felt this way all along...We'll see.

I just can't think about anything else. I don't how anyone could watch a game tomorrow. This is the only game in town that my attention span can focus on.

I think Kerry wins in a walk too. But I'll be too nervous to watch it (couldn't watch the end of UM-MSU either).

And I'll be real sad if Bush wins, like totally morose. Seriously, if Bush wins, I'm thinking of looking into jobs overseas.

Originally posted by DetroitFolly

Bert...

I'll be up all night watching the results. I'll probably have picture in picture going...

I hope to turn on the TV and see Tom Brokaw announcing a Kerry landslide so early that I don't have to stay up late.

I think Kerry wins in a walk too. But I'll be too nervous to watch it (couldn't watch the end of UM-MSU either).

And I'll be real sad if Bush wins, like totally morose. Seriously, if Bush wins, I'm thinking of looking into jobs overseas.

Don't do that, Buddha. This country can survive all the leaders and all their followers combined. I felt the same way with both Nixon and Reagan's re-election and the sun still came up and life still went on.

Our conservative friends on this board may feel the same way Wednesday morning and I'll tell them the same thing. Our institutions are stronger than the people running them. This is great for limiting the damage leaders can inflict, but bad for the inertia and stalemate it produces. None of us will ever see our dreams--good or bad--realized to the extent we expect.

Its not worth that much Buddha, I don't think Kerry would be a good president at all however I don't think it can bring the country down.

Checks and Balances are a great part of this country it keeps a bad president from gaining too much power.

electoral-vote.com is not a very good sight. Once the maker tried to average 3 polls together but now he just uses the last poll which is often 10 points or more different than the previous polls.

I like the www.dalythoughts.com site as well where many polls are averaged.

Zogby was almost right on in 2000. Zogby had it Kerry 47 Bush 46 yesterday with a margin of error of 3% so. I havent checked it today but sounds like more lawsuits.

Do you need, or more importantly can you afford a personal chef? I make a mean Pasta Roma.