Sign in to follow this  
IdahoBert

Undefeated Boise State Destroys Hawaii 69-3 on ESPN2

By TIM BOOTH

Associated Press Writer

BOISE, Idaho (AP) -- Jared Zabransky and the No. 18 Boise State Broncos reduced Timmy Chang's bid to break the NCAA Division I-A passing record to a footnote Friday night, routing Hawaii 69-3 for their 19th straight victory.

Chang fell 14 yards short of breaking former BYU star Ty Detmer's career passing yardage record, and threw four interceptions to break former Purdue quarterback Mark Herrmann's Division I-A interception mark with 74.

Zabransky ran for 123 yards and four touchdowns, including a school-record 85-yard scoring run in the third quarter, and passed for 164 yards for the Broncos (8-0, 5-0 Western Athletic Conference).

Boise State scored 69 straight points, including 38 in the third quarter, en route to its 23rd straight WAC victory and 24th consecutive home win. The Broncos also improved to 4-0 against the Warriors since joining the conference in 2001.

The Broncos had 533 yards of offense by the end of the third quarter, finished with 589 and set a school record with eight rushing touchdowns. The 66-point margin tied for the worst road loss in Hawaii history, a 66-0 loss at Wyoming in 1996.

© 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

(It may not be much to brag about, but this is sort of cool in the little corner of the universe I inhabit. They are finally playing like the team we thought they could be. They looked pretty tight out there tonight and I think they are now 13-0 on games televised by ESPN. Averaging 47.3 points a game. Too bad they'll still never make it to a BCS bowl game this year...sniff..sniff).

09/04/2004

Boise State Broncos 65---Idaho Vandals 7

09/10/2004

Boise State Broncos 53---Oregon State Beavers 34

09/18/2004

Boise State Broncos 47---UTEP Miners 31

09/24/2004

Boise State Broncos 28---BYU 27

10/02/2004

Boise State Broncos 38---SMU Mustangs 20

10/16/2004

Boise State Broncos 45--- Tulsa Golden Hurricane 42

10/23/2004

Boise State Broncos 33---Fresno State Bulldogs 16

10/29/2004

Boise State Broncos 69--Hawaii Warriors 3

11/13/2004

2:00 p.m. (PT)

Boise State Broncos at San Jose State Spartans

San Jose, CA

11/20/2004

1:05 p.m. (MT)

Louisiana Tech Bulldogs at Boise State Broncos

Boise, ID

11/27/2004

1:05 p.m. (PT)

Boise State Broncos at Nevada Wolf Pack

It should be noted they scored those points honestly, and didn't drive the score up. They scored late on int's.

They have the second youngest team in 1-A this year and the QB is a sophomore. They will really rock next year. Hope the coach doesn't leave for greener pastures. He's said bigger is not better and that better is better. Hope he lives up to all the hype about being a Zen guy and has larger goals than money and fame.

There is no way that Boise is a legitimate top 10 team. They haven't beaten ANYONE that is even remotely good. It would be cool to see them and Utah go undefeated though. I would expect both to get blown out in a BCS bowl.

Originally posted by we got crabs

There is no way that Boise is a legitimate top 10 team. They haven't beaten ANYONE that is even remotely good. It would be cool to see them and Utah go undefeated though. I would expect both to get blown out in a BCS bowl.

Just going by memory, it seems that strong teams from fringe conferences do pretty well in Bowl games. I'd like to see Utah (or even Boise St) get a shot at a BCS game. I have a sense that the fringe conferences have moved closer to the super conferences in recent years.

Rumour has it that Hawaii lost because they kept trying to swim on the turf in Boise.

I think Utah has shown it's a better team than BSU because they have played more BCS teams. They wouldn't get blown out. I would have agreed about Boise State getting blown out two weeks ago, but they have finally got things clicking. It would depend upon the competition, but they would both be defeated, not blown out. They'd make a contest of it.

Originally posted by tiger337

I think the Boise turf is cool.

We've had it the whole 18 years I've lived here. We don't think about it anymore. All the colorful stories about it are concocted to draw attention. The new turf is spongier and a lot better than the last turf.

I would like to refer back to this thread during Bowl Season. Although I love your enthusiasm Idahoburt, I think that blue field has tainted your rational thought process. :classic:

BSU will get blown out if they play a top 10/15 team in a bowl.

I would like to refer back to this thread during Bowl Season. Although I love your enthusiasm Idahoburt, I think that blue field has tainted your rational thought process. :classic:

Just give them a chance. The Boys from Boise will show you.

I have dissed these guys all year. This is a very young team that has had some very good luck. In the last two games they have grown tremendously. People should watch out for them. Even I am now.:classic:

Originally posted by tiger337

Just give them a chance. The Boys from Boise will show you.

That Boys of Boise remark..I wonder how many people get it Lee?:classic: