Sign in to follow this  
Mattingly70

Election Poll

Who will you be voting for next Tuesday for President?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you be voting for next Tuesday for President?

• Nader/Comejo
    • Brown/Herbert--Natural Law
    • Badnarik/Campagna-Libertarian
    • Peroutka/Baldwin-U.S. Taxpayers
    • Cobb/LaMarche-Green
    • Kerry/Edwards-Democrat
    • Bush/Cheney-Republican
    • other/write-in

Less than a week to go--

I realize not all of these candidates are on the ballot in every state but this is what it will look like in Michigan. The polls are open for 7 days.

Originally posted by shabba4detroit

Which candidate is promising a chicken in every pot?:classic:

The Mattingly70/Shabba4Detroit ticket didn't get enough signatures to get on the ballot.

Originally posted by Edman85

I already sent my ballot in, and it's Bush/Cheney.

Then I hope yours was one of the ballots that got lost. :classic:

Philly did you catch the Dean/Nader debate? I recently read the transcript and hope that Dean runs as a third party in 2008.

Here's a link to the debate transcript: http://www.democracyforamerica.com/features/2004/07/13/dean_v_nader_debate.php

With Dean's grass roots campaign success, I really think he could be the man to break the two party dominance and give the left a true candidate rather than choosing between the lesser of two evils. I heard on CNN today that there is expected to be a 55% voter turnout this election, and while that is higher than usual, I'm disappointed in that number. Is it that the other 45% just don't give a damn, or is it that they just don't have a candidate that inspires them enough to get off their butts and vote?? I'm glad Dean didn't get the Democratic nod in this election, because I think he is better than that and would be too pigeon-holed. Dean can make a difference as an independant. He's not some fringe whacko(not that I believe Nader is, but he had been portrayed as much by the media, so he is largely ineffective), he has credentials to stand up and be heard.

If Bush wins, at least I can look forward to a complete fresh start in 2008, with new Democratic candidates, new Republican candidates and hopefully Howard Dean running as an independant. The GOP is going to have a battle within themselves which could even give birth to a fourth party if it gets messy enough(I know I'm very likely dreaming here).

Ray - that is classic!!! It's already hanging on the door to my office.

Originally posted by tigersrok

Probably Kerry/Edwards.

We agree on something...:classic: Can I have your Bud Light?

I'm surprised this poll is so close. Just a random sampling of the posts on this board would lead you to predict a 2-1 margin for Bush. Things that make you go hmmm...

Originally posted by IdahoBert

I'm surprised this poll is so close. Just a random sampling of the posts on this board would lead you to predict a 2-1 margin for Bush. Things that make you go hmmm...

I think that there are quite a few people who might enjoy reading the arguments in the political forum, but would rather not subject themselves to what sometimes turn into down and dirty mud-slinging incidents.

...doesn't mean they don't have an opinion.... just are more faint of heart.

:classic:

Originally posted by IdahoBert

I would go the other way with it, from the posts on this board I would think a Kerry landslide would be in order by the poll.

Originally posted by smr-nj

I think that there are quite a few people who might enjoy reading the arguments in the political forum, but would rather not subject themselves to what sometimes turn into down and dirty mud-slinging incidents.

26.jpg

Originally posted by estrepe1

I would go the other way with it, from the posts on this board I would think a Kerry landslide would be in order by the poll.

I disagree (and agree with IdahoBert). This forum most certainly leans right. I was thinking that the vote would be a runaway for Bush, when in fact, it's basically a tie. Regardless, I don't see Bush winning Michigan.

Originally posted by Mark The Shark

26.jpg

I don't know that I'd classify those people as chickens, Mark.

I think that some people don't feel comfortable arguing their political views.

I know that my father's generation are more likely to tell you "it's none of your business" if you press them on how they are planning to vote.