Sign in to follow this  
MotownRandy

Pistons take game 1

The pistons played excellent defense and once again stepped it up in the 2nd half to shut down the raptors. They looked very good tonight and I seriously think they can go far. Of course against other teams they will have to be able to score more, but they are capable of it. This is a much more intriguing story than the Redwings(which is strange) My prediction for this series is a sweep.

Wallace flat out dominated the game tonight. He had at least five dunks and probably more than that.

One thing that concerns me is the rebounding. We need to get Wallace some help on the boards. That is the one big thing that bothers me in the playoffs right now.

The starting five used to be a concern to me but with Chucky's better play the last two months of the season it looks like a much better starting five. Of course, he had a tough start Sunday shooting wise and then the ankle injury. Hopefully that won't be a serious problem.

Detroit showed that even when it's perimeter game isn't on it has the defense needed to stick into most games. Now they aren't going to hold teams to 60-something points (and a bunch of that was Toronto's doing) but it's nice to see they have ways they can win the game when the perimeter game isn't going well. Also Stackhouse's value as a free-throw shooter came out. He wasn't making his shot either, but still went 10-for-10 at the line, making him very valuable. He also played some tremendous defense Sunday night - something I have never accused Stackhouse of in the past.