RedRamage

Favre's Streak in Jepordy?

Favre took a big knock in the Giants-Packers game this past weekend. He missed a good portion of the game.

Teammates are saying that his record 212 consecutive starts at QB isn't in jepordy of getting to 213, but I wouldn't be terribly suprised if he didn't play more than a quarter of the game this Sunday...

He will get to 213, there next game is not for two weeks. And that game is here in Detroit.

I think something is wrong with my internet connection, For some reason Detroit at 2-1 and Green Bay at 1-3, who would have thunk it!!!!!

He will get to 213, there next game is not for two weeks. And that game is here in Detroit.

Doesn't GB play Tennessee next week?

GB is toast. They traded McKenzie today, although getting nice value for him. Traded him to New Orleans for a 2d rounder, and 3d string backup QB JT O'Sullivan. Hmmm...:cheeky:

Yeah... that was a red flag to me too. Why would they go for a QB unless there was questions about Favre? I supposed it's possible they were just totally unimpressed with their current backup and wanted a better one.

I heard Mike O'hara on the radio there in Lansing and he thinks Favre is done ...... one piece of evidence would be that pass in the playoffs last year . He also said Favre was sloppy with alot of his passes last year and just have good WR's made him look better. ..... I wonder if any thing will come of him coming off the bench on that 4th down play when he wasnt cleared by the medical staff? none of the coaches tried to stop him shouldnt they have?

Any bad things that come down should fall on the heads of the coaches:

From ESPN.com :

Sherman acknowledged he shouldn't have sent Favre back into the game.

"Well, he was standing there on the sideline. I said, 'Are you OK?' He said yes. So, I put him back in," Sherman said. "He threw the touchdown pass and then the doctors told me after that they didn't want him back in the ballgame.

"The doctors hadn't necessarily cleared him, so I was in error in putting him back in there."

The coaches should've known if the docs had cleared him or not and should not have put him back in until the docs said yea or nay. The majority of strongly motivated football players (and I'd say 90%+ of those who make it to the NFL made it there in a large part by being strongly motivated) will want to play, even if they aren't 100% healthy to play. Is there any quesiton that Bly would've played against the Eagles had Mooch said okay? I'm sure Bly strongly desired to be in there. But a good coach will evaluate the player based on the medical stand point and make decision for the good of the player and the long term good of the team...

yeah i guess Favre didnt even remember throwing the pass after the game ...... it was nice pass too

That was a weak pass. GB has to be severely disappointed in their WR's. Only Javon Walker is playing well, after resigning Ferguson (milk carton alert) last year. GB is clearly a team on a rapid descent.

If the Packers are smart he'll sit out at least a week. It does seem like a good time for Farve to call it quits. But at the very least if he cares about his health he needs to take a few weeks out with that concussion. People just don't take those things seriously enough.

Pederson is also hurt. They have major issues. They need to draft a QB next year, which will be decent for QB's. They should have a shot at one of the top prospects, because this year is quickly getting away from them.

Originally posted by estrepe1

He should sit out but I would be surprised if he did.

There have been many times when I've said that about Favre.

Originally posted by qsilvr2531

Doesn't GB play Tennessee next week?

Sorry about that, I was not paying attention. :dead: As for Favre done, I can not imagine watching the packers without him.

Originally posted by nwilcox

Sorry about that, I was not paying attention. :dead: As for Favre done, I can not imagine watching the packers without him.

I wish he'd stick around. He's not about to get any better.:devious:

Originally posted by PuNk42AE

All he'd have to do is take the 1st snap of the game.

I hope you wouldn't expect that to happen...

Originally posted by PuNk42AE

All he'd have to do is take the 1st snap of the game.

Yeah right, and what would be next? Favre falling down so someone could get the single season sack total? I dont think he would do that.....oh wait.

Originally posted by Deleterious

Yeah right, and what would be next? Favre falling down so someone could get the single season sack total? I dont think he would do that.....oh wait.

Not Favre! He is such a fiery competitor that he would never lay down for someone to get the sack record!