mottsi

!!

Has anyone considered the following:

1. If Jason Johnson is still here next year could he be our new mid to long term relief guy?

I liked the way that he pitched for the first half the season, but he took a major nose dive in the second half. It may be due to the fact of the diabetes wearing him down for a hole season. Just a thought, doubt if he would like it. The reason that I asked if he is still here is because of the way he called out Tram for pulling him in a game.

2. Our new outfield Monroe/White LF, Sanchez/Inge CF, Inge/Monroe RF. The first guy being named would be the starter, and everyone shift when White comes in. Higginson becomes the fifth outfielder/pinch hitter. Higginson and Sanchez would play against Right handed pitchers. Inge goes to Third or Catcher(if its pudges day of rest).

Just some thoughts!

Mottsi

If Jason Johnson is still here next year

We didn't have as successful of an off season...as we should have.

could he be our new mid to long term relief guy?

That would be the plan, I think...if he's still here.

I liked the way that he pitched for the first half the season

He really only pitched well in June and July. For whatever reason, I am not happy with him being part of the rotation.

Our new outfield Monroe/White LF, Sanchez/Inge CF, Inge/Monroe RF

Once again, if this is our 2005 OF, then we didn't have as successful of an off season...as we should have.

:classic:

I still think JJ can be successful in the rotation. Not an ace .. but he can fill a spot.

If that's our starting OF, we're in deep trouble.

Inge needs to play all over. That way we're not taking up another roster spot with a utility guy. If he whines like Shane Halter, trade him.

I agree on JonBenkes points that those are indacators we had a bad offseason. But I think Johnson will be and should be part of this rotation next season, but he should be dropped lower in the rotation. Ideal situation is we trade him to get something, but I don't see that happening.

2005 OF should have White in LF and Monroe in CF or RF depending on who the Tigers pick up in off season. Monroe has impressed the crap outta me in CF the past month. Higgy should be the 4th or 5th OF as he could sub at all three positions.

DJ I think we got exactly what we should have expected from Johnson, whether he is an ace or not. His career era is 4.93 and his era this season is 4.98, his whip and baa are also similar to his career numbers. Its not like he consistently had to go against the other teams best starter so him being our top of the rotation is just a label.

Didn't Monroe do something similar at the end of last season and everyone thought he would carry it through? I don't mind giving him a shot but I think there is a good chance it will fail.

Originally posted by estrepe1

Didn't Monroe do something similar at the end of last season and everyone thought he would carry it through? I don't mind giving him a shot but I think there is a good chance it will fail.

True but I think getting White squeezed him out.

I'm more worried about 3B than CF, to be honest. If we could get Glaus or Lowell (!!), it'd be dynamite. Inge will never be productive enough offensively for my tastes.

I'm not a big fan of Sanchez, but I'd rather have him than Logan. I just don't think this kid is going to do anything @ all on the Major League level.

Obviously Beltran would be awesome. I'd even go after Damon, who might not be back with the BoSox.

Originally posted by djhutch

I'm not a big fan of Sanchez, but I'd rather have him than Logan. I just don't think this kid is going to do anything @ all on the Major League level.

Obviously Beltran would be awesome. I'd even go after Damon, who might not be back with the BoSox.

Logan is young and inexpierenced so there is a chance for improvement. I think we have seen the best of Sanchez. For those reasons and the money difference, I wouldn't be suprised to see Logan. Yes, Beltran would be awesome.

Originally posted by Tigeraholic1

Hey where in Fort Wayne do you live> I live out by Cherry Hill off 37. :cheeky:

Tigeraholic1 - I live just 15 minutes north of Ft. Wayne in St. Joe, IN, a block off of 1. Lived many years in Ft Wayne, still play MSBL there.

Originally posted by mottsi

Has anyone considered the following:

1. If Jason Johnson is still here next year could he be our new mid to long term relief guy?

I liked the way that he pitched for the first half the season, but he took a major nose dive in the second half. It may be due to the fact of the diabetes wearing him down for a hole season. Just a thought, doubt if he would like it. The reason that I asked if he is still here is because of the way he called out Tram for pulling him in a game.

2. Our new outfield Monroe/White LF, Sanchez/Inge CF, Inge/Monroe RF. The first guy being named would be the starter, and everyone shift when White comes in. Higginson becomes the fifth outfielder/pinch hitter. Higginson and Sanchez would play against Right handed pitchers. Inge goes to Third or Catcher(if its pudges day of rest).

Just some thoughts!

Mottsi

Hey where in Fort Wayne do you live> I live out by Cherry Hill off 37.

Originally posted by davidsb

Tigeraholic1 - I live just 15 minutes north of Ft. Wayne in St. Joe, IN, a block off of 1. Lived many years in Ft Wayne, still play MSBL there.

I play or should say used to play out at Kreager and Tecumsuh, I now have an infant at home so you can guess where my free time went! You probably know my buddy Hammy (Jason Hammond)!

Originally posted by Tigeraholic1

Hey where in Fort Wayne do you live> I live out by Cherry Hill off 37.

I live in woodburn now. I have played cherry hill many of times. I used to live in the farm house on 37 across from the Central Menonite church.

Sanchez should be gone next year. He will be arbitration eligible and one would expect a more cost effective approach to prevail. I'm not arguing going cheap, but whatever Sanchez gets valued at from arbitration (probably about 3.5 mill would be my guess) will be too much.

As I see it:

One outfielder is needed.

2 relief pitchers

Then, either one 3b or a super sub depending on whether one makes Inge your regular 3rd baseman.

Bye Bye to Munson.

if fernando vina comes back next season, infante can play centerfield.

you have to go with monroe in rightfield over higgy.

I grew up in St. Joe, Indiana or Saint Joe, whichever you prefer! The newspaper(no longer in business) said Saint. Lived on State Road 1 across from Yeiser's Standard Station.Still go to St Joe to church every Sunday at St. Mark's Lutheran.

Anyway, in my view, after 50 years of Tiger watching, we need bullpen help first(although please hang on to Urbina as he is the best closer we have at present!)next we need a 3rd baseman badly(so Inge can be super utility). If we got a 3rd baseman and bullpen help we would have a winning team in 2005! Our starting pitching will get better! I agree Johnson for long relief in 2005 unless we can trade him!