Sign in to follow this  
davidsb

Favorite Bob Seger Tunes

Turn the Page is a classic. Night Moves is good too. And before Shabba beats me to it, he's overrated :classic:

Originally posted by Yoda

Turn the Page is a classic. Night Moves is good too. And before Shabba beats me to it, he's overrated :classic:

No. Seger is underrated.:classic:

Actually, he's in the HOF, so not so much anymore.

My favorites are "Rock and Roll Never Forgets," "You'll Accomp'ny Me," "Still the Same," the 2 you mentioned, and "Florida Time."

And there is little that brings me more joy than going to a wedding and watch my father dance to "Old Time Rock and Roll."

Originally posted by shabba4detroit

And there is little that brings me more joy than going to a wedding and watch my father dance to "Old Time Rock and Roll."

Funny stuff!

Why do I keep picturing Bill Cosby?

Seger is great live. & I always thought it a crime that is only #1 hit was that tune from "Beverly Hills Cop."

& Roll Me Away is a very underrated tune. Can't forget "Katmandu" & "Beautiful Loser."

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Yoda

Why do I keep picturing Bill Cosby?

I picture in my minds eye, James Earl Jones.

No one voting for "Like a Rock?" I liked it before it was a commercial. Saw him in Phoenix years ago and he was amazing. All over the stage endlessly. Made Rod Stewart look like he was in a coma.

Originally posted by Mattingly70

I think Segar is way overrated in Michigan and underrated everywhere else.

No wonder you support Kerry. :classic:

Originally posted by baseballbruce30

quote:

I picture in my minds eye, James Earl Jones.

Actually, if you can imagine Paul Sorvino walking like a penguin, you'd probably be real close.

Main Street, though I think Segar is way overrated in Michigan and underrated everywhere else.

Why would people in Michigan overrate the creator of Popeye? I'll agree he is underrated elsewhere.

I just posted he was underrated...oops, didn't see this thread.

1. Turn the Page

2. Night Moves

Most of his songs bore me to tears (old time r&r, night moves, turn the page)

I do like

Hollywood Nights

Beutiful Loser

Roll Me Away

Originally posted by OldTimey

I hate, hate, hate Seger. He is popular in Detroit for one reasn: he's from Detroit. He stinks.

You see, that's really the way I felt, but I hate it when people go onto threads that are about a specific band, actor, etc. and just drop the "I that them, they suck" bomb with nothing more. I generally think, that's great, so why did you even come here? But then that's the kind of guy I am, and you certainly are a different kind of guy than I. That being said, screw it, Seger blows hard--except for Mainstreet and Turn the Page.

Seger has a lot of good stuff. He, being from Michigan, also has some stuff that is way overplayed on classic rock stations here. I always enjoyed "Fire Lake" and the great 3 acoustic chords in "Night Moves".

I hate Old Time R & R more than any song ever, except maybe that Rick Astley song that actually makes me angry.

Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Never gonna run around and

Desert you

HAHA angry yet?

Originally posted by lesgoblu02

Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Desert you

HAHA angry yet?

I hate you so damn much right now. You're lucky you're a Michigan fan, or I may have to borrow a list from Biff and put you on it.

I hate you so damn much right now. You're lucky you're a Michigan fan, or I may have to borrow a list from Biff and put you on it.

Very rarely have I laughed out loud reading this board.

Chalk one up to Mattingly! Good job sir!!

Originally posted by lesgoblu02

Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Desert you

Never gonna make you cry

Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna tell a lie

And hurt you

Mattingly-Feel free to put me on the list you borrow from Biff. I know the second verse, and I am not a fan of any of the sports teams from America's most overrated university. Except, of course, when they play OSU in football.