belcherboy

Could this be the year the Red Sox break the jinx??

Where do the Red Sox finish the season??  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Where do the Red Sox finish the season??

• They lose in the first round
    • They lose in the second round
    • They get blown out by the Yanks in the ALCS
    • They lose a tight series to the Yanks in the ALCS
    • They beat the Yanks in the ALCS, but lose the World Series
    • They win the World Series

The Red Sox look to be the hottest team in the AL and could actually go from wildcard to division champion after a strong weekend against the Yankees.

What do you think??

We'll know more come Monday morning.

I think Boston sends a message this weekend!

Boston should take 2 out of 3, though a sweep won't be a shocker.

Originally posted by JonBenke

We'll know more come Monday morning.

I think Boston sends a message this weekend!

Boston should take 2 out of 3, though a sweep won't be a shocker.

Well, the Yanks punked 'em twice. Bummer. I would love to see the Red Sox Win the World Series. Their fans really deserve it. Thank God I have '68 and '84 to sustain me on cold winter nights...

Originally posted by IdahoBert

Well, the Yanks punked 'em twice. Bummer. I would love to see the Red Sox Win the World Series. Their fans really deserve it. Thank God I have '68 and '84 to sustain me on cold winter nights...

I'm pretty mean. I really kind of enjoy the whole "curse of the bambino" thing they got going on. I always root for the Cubs and the Red Sox to lose. When both lost in bizarre ways last year, I was secretly happy!:devious:

They still have FOUR...in Boston!

Also, the Yankees end with Minnesota, where as Boston ends their season against Tampa Bay.

4 1/2 games is a good number, putting the Yankees in the driver's seat, though if Boston can gain ONE GAME, going into the weekend series, I think it's there title to lose...though, I am sure, most will disagree with me. It's just my opinion.

I don't see Pedro pitching like that...twice in a row.

Originally posted by belcherboy

I'm pretty mean. I really kind of enjoy the whole "curse of the bambino" thing they got going on. I always root for the Cubs and the Red Sox to lose. When both lost in bizarre ways last year, I was secretly happy!:devious:

Wow, that is mean. The Red Sox have always been the other team I've followed in the AL--not even close to the Tigers but I kinda like them. I spent many summers visiting my sister about an hour north of Boston and have seen a few games at Fenway. There was always an aura of authenticity about the place that reminded me of Tiger Stadium. As for the Cubs, expect an envelope of flour--or it is could it be?--to arrive in the mail very soon..:cheeky::wink:

I predict the Cubs and Red Sox will play in the World Series this year. Then in game 7, in the bottom of the 4th with 2 outs, the world will end.

Arizona won with Johnson and Schilling and little else - Boston has Pedro and Shilling and a better supposring cast. I'm not saying they will win, but this is their best chance they've had in years - especially with the Yanks rotation not up to snuff this year.

I, too, dig the curse of the Bambino. The Cubbies billygoat curse, on the otherhand, is rather lame.

I thought so before the two games they got blown away in NY. I think that the A's are more likely to make the WS than the Red Sox at this point.

As a Tiger fan growing up in Massachusetts, I love the curse of the bambino. My nephew suffered through his first crushing Red Sox loss last year. We all told him it was going to happen but he didn't believe us. Now he knows. It was his rite of passage into cynical and critical Red Sox nation. The curse defines a whole region.

With the Red Sox getting certain identity from the Curse, what will happen once they finally win a Series. Not the season or two after, but will they be worse off from winning the series(in a somewhat inexplicable way) and breaking the curse in the long run...

Originally posted by JonBenke

They still have FOUR...in Boston!

Also, the Yankees end with Minnesota, where as Boston ends their season against Tampa Bay.

4 1/2 games is a good number, putting the Yankees in the driver's seat, though if Boston can gain ONE GAME, going into the weekend series, I think it's there title to lose...though, I am sure, most will disagree with me. It's just my opinion.

I don't see Pedro pitching like that...twice in a row.

It would be better for Boston to win the wild card. The winner of the AL East will have to face Johan Santana in games 1 and 5.

I'm picking the Red Sox to break the curse and win it all this year.

I'm thinking the Red Sox are actually going to beat the Yankees this time!! They just look dominating right now. I thought the Angels would be the team to beat in the AL and the Sox kicked their butts!!

Watch out because the curse could be over!!! I want to say this will be a great series, but they look like they might just steam roll the Yankees. We shall see if the curse holds on!!

I believe the Yankees will win this series, but then again I was hoping both the Red Sox and the Yankees would be out by now.