DTroppens

Your school's college football schedule

The Northwood University football team set a pair of Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference records in a 70-3 victory against Wayne State Saturday afternoon (Sept. 4).

Northwood set new league standards in rushing yards (703) and total offense (758) in the victory. Both of the old records were held by Saginaw Valley (673 rushing, 710 total offense) in their victory over Mercyhurst in 1998.

The Timberwolves took the opening kickoff and drove 79 yards on 12 plays, capped off by a Yared Yearby 22 yard touchdown pass from Kyle Kolbe. The Doug Daniel extra point made the score 7-0.

Northwood posted another score before the quarter was over, as Kolbe kept the ball on the option and scampered 42 yards to make the score 14-0.

NU then scored 21 more points in the second quarter to break the game open. Kolbe again found the end zone from five yards out, followed by TD runs by Chris Gruse (10 yards) and Matt Haynes (55 yards). Northwood finished the first half with 396 yards of offense, including 341 on the ground.

Northwood posted a 28-point third quarter, which featured 245 more rushing yards for the Timberwolves. Kolbe found the end zone for the third time on the ground, this time from 35 yards out to make the score 42-0. Antonie Ivy scored the first of his two rushing touchdowns a few minutes later, followed by another Haynes TD run (22 yards). The Warriors scored their first points of the game at the 2:47 mark on a Greg Gunderson 31 yard field goal to make the score 56-3. Ivy capped off a quick three-play, 80 yard drive with a six-yard run to cap the scoring in the third quarter.

The Timberwolves broke one more big play to finish off the scoring for the day, as backup fullback Isaiah Eatman busted a 75 yard touchdown run at the 8:46 mark of the fourth quarter.

NU, which did not attempt a pass in the second half of the game, nearly broke a 33-year old NCAA Division II record in the contest. Northwood finished the game 16 yards short of the all-time mark for rushing yards in a game, which was set by Coe in a game against Beloit on October 16, 1971.

The Timberwolves had six players finish with at least 74 yards rushing, led by Kolbe at 155. Willie Johnson finished with 112 yards on seven carries, while backup quarterback Eric Chrisinske had 89 yards on four carries. Eatman’s day ended with him at 87 yards on four carries, while Haynes had 81 yards on just three carries. Gruse had 74 yards on nine carries.

Kolbe also had 55 yards passing on four completions and a touchdown.

For the game, Northwood had 26 first downs to 11 for Wayne State, and finished with a 758-236 advantage in total yards.

Northwood will play a non-conference game next Saturday (Sept. 11) at St. Joseph’s. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m.

Thu 09/02/2004 TCU Fort Worth, Texas ESPN2 L, 48-45

Sat 09/11/2004 Arizona State (TED Day) Evanston, Ill. ESPN2 11 a.m.

Sat 09/18/2004 Kansas Evanston, Ill. TBA 1 p.m.

Sat 09/25/2004 Minnesota Minneapolis, Minn. ESPN2 8 p.m.

Sat 10/02/2004 Ohio State (LaSalle Bank Day) Evanston, Ill. ESPN/ESPN2 6:45 or 8 p.m.

Sat 10/09/2004 Indiana (Family Day) Evanston, Ill. TBA TBA

Sat 10/23/2004 Wisconsin Madison, Wis. TBA TBA

Sat 10/30/2004 Purdue (Homecoming/Nextel Day) Evanston, Ill.

Sat 11/06/2004 Penn State University Park, Pa. TBA TBA

Sat 11/13/2004 Michigan Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA TBA

Sat 11/20/2004 Illinois (Senior Day) Evanston, Ill. TBA TBA

Sat 11/27/2004 Hawaii Honolulu, Hawaii TBA 10 p.m.

Originally posted by XAM Dan

The Northwood University football team set a pair of Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference records in a 70-3 victory against Wayne State Saturday afternoon (Sept. 4).

Northwood set new league standards in rushing yards (703) and total offense (758) in the victory. Both of the old records were held by Saginaw Valley (673 rushing, 710 total offense) in their victory over Mercyhurst in 1998.

Imagine getting 758 yards of total offense, & only 55 of it thru the air. That gives new meaning to the old saying "3 yards & a cloud of dust" huh?!?!?!?

Southern California Trojans

8/28 - Virginia Tech (@D.C) - W, 24-13

9/11 - Colorado State (ABC) - W, 49-0

9/28 - @BYU (ESPN) - W, 42-10

9/25 - @Stanford (TBS) - W, 31-28

10/9 - Cal - W, 23-17

10/16- Arizona State - W, 45-7

10/23- Washington

10/30- @Washington State

11/6 - @Oregon State

11/13- Arizona (FSN)

11/27- Notre Dame (ABC)

12/4 - @FUCLA

1/1 or 1/4 - ?????

Louisiana Tech Bulldogs

9/6 Nevada W, 34-32

9/11 Univ. of Louisiana-Lafayette(ULL) W, 24-20

9/18 at Miami L, 48-0

9/25 at Tennessee L, 41-17

10/2 Fresno State w, 28-21

10/9 at Auburn L, 51-7

10/16 at SMU W, 38-10

10/23 UTEP (Homecoming)

11/6 at Hawaii

11/13 Tulsa

11/20 at Boise State

11/27 at Rice

Originally posted by DTroppens

I am glad so many people put their schedules here. If your team has a Game on TV, note it here because that adds a tad of flavor to the game for me if I have to decide wanting to watch a game or not.

Hey DTroppens, Texas Longhorns @ Arkansas Razorbacks this Sat. night at 7:45 ct on ESPN.

Razorbacks beat us down here in Austin last year 28-38.

Go Horns!!!

The Boise State football team overcame a 14-0 first quarter deficit Friday night on the blue smurf turf at Bronco Stadium to earn the greatest victory in school history.

The 53-34 win over Oregon State — the same team that should have beaten No. 4 LSU six days earlier — was the Broncos' first against a Pac-10 school, and it should propel them into the Top 25 for the third straight season. The ESPN-televised victory also launched the Broncos' dream of a perfect season and a Bowl Championship Series game berth. A member of the Fiesta Bowl's board of directors attended the game. This is the best we can do for a BCS bowl if we get the chance, and we really will have to go undefeated to do it given our weak schedule.

The Broncos improved to 10-0 on ESPN networks, won their 13th straight overall and 20th straight at home — both Division I-A bests — and beat a BCS conference team for just the second time in 15 tries.

09/04/2004

Boise State Broncos 65---Idaho Vandals 7

09/10/2004

8:05 p.m. (MT)

Boise State Broncos 53---Oregon State Beavers 34

09/18/2004

7:05 p.m. (MT)

Boise State Broncos at UTEP Miners

El Paso, TX

09/24/2004

BYU Cougars at Boise State Broncos

Boise, ID

10/02/2004

6:05 p.m. (MT)

SMU Mustangs at Boise State Broncos

Boise, ID

10/16/2004

6:05 p.m. (CT)

Boise State Broncos at Tulsa Golden Hurricane

Tulsa, OK

10/23/2004

Fresno State Bulldogs at Boise State Broncos

Boise, ID

10/29/2004

Hawai'i Warriors at Boise State Broncos

Boise, ID

11/13/2004

2:00 p.m. (PT)

Boise State Broncos at San Jose State Spartans

San Jose, CA

11/20/2004

1:05 p.m. (MT)

Louisiana Tech Bulldogs at Boise State Broncos

Boise, ID

11/27/2004

1:05 p.m. (PT)

Boise State Broncos at Nevada Wolf Pack

Reno, NV

That's a great win for Boise, but I was shocked to see that they were an 8 pt. favorite. So, though it's a great win for that program it wasn't totally unexpected.

This is Washington U in St. Louis's schedule...I'm looking forward to the Carnegie Mellon showdown.

Sat., Sept. 4 MOUNT UNION COLLEGE L, 0-38 HOME

Sat., Sept. 11 WESTMINSTER COLLEGE 1 p.m. HOME

Sat., Sept. 18 Wabash College 1 p.m. Crawfordsville, Ind.

Sat., Sept. 25 North Central College 6 p.m. Naperville, Ill.

Sat., Oct. 2 Rhodes College 1:30 p.m. Memphis, Tenn.

Sat., Oct. 9 University of Chicago 1 p.m. Chicago, Ill.

Sat., Oct. 16 CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY Noon HOME

Sat., Oct. 23 CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY Noon HOME

Sat., Nov. 6 Washington & Jefferson College 1 p.m. (EST) Washington, Pa.

Sat., Nov. 13 GREENVILLE COLLEGE 1 p.m. HOME

Only two more hours of Dynamics homework until I can start funneling beer in preperation for Texas vs. Arkansas.

Hook em!!!

Originally posted by IdahoBert

The ESPN-televised victory also launched the Broncos' dream of a perfect season and a Bowl Championship Series game berth. A member of the Fiesta Bowl's board of directors attended the game. This is the best we can do for a BCS bowl if we get the chance, and we really will have to go undefeated to do it given our weak schedule.

10/23/2004

Boise, ID

Great win last night Bert! Dan Hawkins is the most underrated coach in the country. New QB and the team doesn't miss a beat. Unfortunatly for Boise, I will very suprised if he is not the coach of the Washington Huskies next season.

Circle your calendar's folks, FSU@BSU may be the game of the year in college football. Right now Fresno is the top team in the WAC (they are currently destroying KState in Manhattan) but that could change after they step on the blue turf.

Originally posted by Mattingly70

That's a great win for Boise, but I was shocked to see that they were an 8 pt. favorite. So, though it's a great win for that program it wasn't totally unexpected.

Boise's bad record against BCS teams made even the ESPN announcers call this win an "upset" regardless of what the odd's makers said.

Air Force Schedule

Sat, Sep 4 California L 14-56

Sat, Sep 11 Eastern Washington W 42-20

Sat, Sep 18 at UNLV---(I am going)

Sat, Sep 25 at Utah

Thu, Sep 30 Navy (Also going... I managed to get time off for this game...)

Sat, Oct 9 New Mexico

Sat, Oct 23 Brigham Young

Sat, Oct 30 at Wyoming

Sat, Nov 6 at Army

Sat, Nov 13 San Diego State

Sat, Nov 20 Colorado State

Texas pulled it out, 22-20. Cedric Benson, aka Ricky Jr., had another monster game with 188 yards on 29 carries. That gives him 369 yards for the first two games of the season. Selvin Young, the backup RB, fractured his ankle in the first half. With WR's Roy Williams, Sloan Thomas, and BJ Johnson all departing as seniors last year, this team now belongs to Cedric Benson.

Cedric Benson will push the 2000 rushing yard mark this season, without a doubt. He will pass 500 yards versus Rice next week.

Texas first points of the game came on a safety due to a bad punt snap that sailed through the endzone. That was the difference in the game.

Once again, the Longhorn season will all depend on how they fare versus mighty Oklahoma. Texas has the all the talent to play with anyone in the country, but it will all come down to the coaching staffs, and as we all know Bob Stoops is the whoopin and Mack Brown is the stepchild.

Either way, Cedric Benson will be a Hesiman canidate and thats not the beer talking.

Originally posted by hitit345

Texas pulled it out, 22-20. Cedric Benson, aka Ricky Jr., had another monster game with 188 yards on 29 carries. That gives him 369 yards for the first two games of the season. Selvin Young, the backup RB, fractured his ankle in the first half. With WR's Roy Williams, Sloan Thomas, and BJ Johnson all departing as seniors last year, this team now belongs to Cedric Benson.

Cedric Benson will push the 2000 rushing yard mark this season, without a doubt. He will pass 500 yards versus Rice next week.

Texas first points of the game came on a safety due to a bad punt snap that sailed through the endzone. That was the difference in the game.

Once again, the Longhorn season will all depend on how they fare versus mighty Oklahoma. Texas has the all the talent to play with anyone in the country, but it will all come down to the coaching staffs, and as we all know Bob Stoops is the whoopin and Mack Brown is the stepchild.

Either way, Cedric Benson will be a Hesiman canidate and thats not the beer talking.

Pass defense looked bad against a team whose QB can't throw a lick. Jones was missing open WR's all night long. Front 7 on the other hand looked pretty awesome. If CB can stay out of jail and UT can avoid another installment of the Red River Blowout, he's got a chance at both of those goals.

Kyle Orton got himself on the Heisman map today. I know its inferior competition, but 20-23 with 6TD is an attention grabber.

Ortons Stats so far:

Player Att Cmp Pct Yds Yds/Att Tds Int

Kyle Orton 56 39 69.6 616 15.8 9 0

Pretty good numbers coming out of the gate. The real test will be next week against U of I.

El Paso, TX (Sports Network) - Jared Zabransky passed for 392 yards and two touchdowns, as No. 23 Boise State rebounded from an early second-half deficit to beat Texas-El Paso, 47-31, in the Western Athletic Conference opener for both teams. Zabransky completed 26 of his 37 passes for Boise State (3-0, 1-0 WAC), which extended the nation's longest winning streak to 14 games.

(It sounds like complaining but Boise State should have scored 55-60 points against this team and allowed no more than 21. I expect the coach to be less than pleased and the team might even drop out of the top 25. Looks to me like the guys took UTEP for granted and showed how vulnerable they can be. Bet Fresno State is licking their chops in expectation).

09/04/2004

09/10/2004

09/18/2004

Boise State Broncos 47---UTEP Miners 31

El Paso, TX

09/24/2004

BYU Cougars at Boise State Broncos

Boise, ID

10/02/2004

Boise, ID

10/16/2004

Tulsa, OK

10/23/2004

Boise, ID

10/29/2004

Boise, ID

11/13/2004

San Jose, CA

11/20/2004

Boise, ID

11/27/2004

Reno, NV

The 21st-ranked Boise State Broncos football team survived a huge scare Friday night at Bronco Stadium. The Broncos pulled out a 28-27 victory over BYU when Cougars kicker Matt Payne missed a 38-yard field goal wide left with 19 seconds left. The win preserved the Broncos’ bid for an unbeaten season and extended their winning streak to 15 games.

(My guys didn't deserve to win this game. Our pass defense is really suspect and I expect to see this weakness exploited by other teams. But, I'll take the win. That's two precarious wins in a row. Hope they figure out what they're doing to let these teams get so close to beating them).

09/04/2004

09/10/2004

09/18/2004

El Paso, TX

09/24/2004

Boise State Broncos 28---BYU 27

Boise, ID

10/02/2004

Boise, ID

10/16/2004

Tulsa, OK

10/23/2004

Boise, ID

10/29/2004

Boise, ID

11/13/2004

San Jose, CA

11/20/2004

Boise, ID

11/27/2004

Reno, NV

This one could have made a caffeine addict drowsy. It certainly infuriated the winning team. The Boise State football team sloppily dispatched SMU 38-20 on Saturday night at Bronco Stadium. The team moves up to 19th and is 5-0.

09/04/2004

09/10/2004

09/18/2004

09/24/2004

Boise State Broncos 28---BYU 27

10/02/2004

Boise State Broncos 38---SMU Mustangs 20

10/16/2004

Tulsa, OK

10/23/2004

Boise, ID

10/29/2004

Boise, ID

11/13/2004

San Jose, CA

11/20/2004

Boise, ID

11/27/2004

Reno, NV

Rank Team Conf Rec Overall Rec

#14 Northwood 5-0 6-0

#22 Michigan Tech 5-0 5-0

#1 Grand Valley 5-0 5-0

Ferris State 5-1 5-1

#13 Saginaw Valley 4-1 4-1

Findlay 2-3 3-3

Gannon 2-4 2-4

Mercyhurst 2-4 2-4

Hillsdale 2-4 2-4

Ashland 1-4 2-4

Northern Michigan 1-4 1-4

Wayne State 1-4 1-4

Indianapolis 0-6 0-6

Its that time of year again. The Red River Shootout, OU vs UT. I will be attending this game for the 2nd year in a row. Even though last year was a total whoopin it is still a blast. The beer, the State Fair, the carnie food, the women, the Longhorn fans, the Sooner fans all meeting at a neutral site to watch their teams go at it. Man, I am so ready to go. The great thing is, win or lose, I know I am going to have a blast.

I really don't understand how these fans all turn into crybabies after a loss. I've always believed that if your not related or friends with any of the players, who cares if you lose. That is why I know I will have a good time. I go to UT to get a degree in civil engineering, not idolize college football players.

Part of me hopes the Longhorns lose. Mack Brown is so annoying. He hyped up Rice and Baylor for godsakes. "You gotta watch out for that Rice running game, I tell you what. Man they are scary. You gotta watch out for that Baylor kid, I tell you what, man he can really hurt us." Mack Brown is such a tool. He spends more time giving his players footrubs and backrubs then preparing them to win. Mack Brown is Bob Stoops' little beetch.

I will root for anything that helps Mack Brown get fired and get Steve Spurrier hired. Steve Spurrier would have already won a national title with the players Mack has had during his current tenure.

Oh yeah, OU fans you might win, but you have to go back to the wasteland known as Norman. I get to go back to the wonderful city of Austin.

D2FOOTBALL.COM SELECTS TERRY AS ITS OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

terry.jpg

Online Publication Honors Ferris State Player For His Significant Accomplishment

Senior tailback Andrew Terry was named the D2Football.com's National Offensive Player of the Week this week after his NCAA Division II record-breaking performance in Saturday's triumph over Findlay.

Senior tailback Andrew Terry (Kentwood/Grand Rapids Creston) of the Ferris State University football team has been chosen this week's (Oct. 5) D2Football.com Pizza Hut National Offensive Player of the Week as a result of his NCAA Division II single-game record 410 yards rushing in a 35-7 conference decision over Findlay Saturday (Oct. 2) evening at FSU's Top Taggart Field in Big Rapids, Mich.

Terry has also been selected as this week's (Oct. 4) Wilson/Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) Offensive Player of the Week and was among four individuals to be honored as national offensive players of the week (Oct. 5) by Don Hansen's National Weekly Football Gazette. St. Anselm defensive end David Heiner was picked as the Defensive Player of the Week while placekicker Lee Price of Eastern New Mexico was slected as the Special Teams Player of the Week by D2Football.com, the only online publication devoted exclusively to NCAA Division II football.

Terry's 410 rushing yards set a new NCAA-II rushing mark, surpassing the 405 yards gained by Kentucky State's Alvon Brown against Kentucky Wesleyan in 2000 (Sept. 16). Terry also established both GLIAC and Ferris State single-game marks, eclipsing Chris Pulliams' 329 rushing yards against Saginaw Valley State in 1995 (Nov. 11).

The 5-8, 196-pound back joins senior defensive tackle Whitney Bell (Sault Ste. Marie/Sault Area) as present Bulldog football team members to receive player of the week plaudits from both the GLIAC and D2Football.com this fall. Bell was honored as D2Football.com National Defensive Player of the Week just a week ago (Sept. 28).

Ferris State, which is enjoying its best start since 1999, takes its current five-game winning string into this Saturday's (Oct. 9) non-conference contest against the nationally-ranked and 2003 NCAA-II National Champion runner-up the North Dakota Fighting Sioux. Opening kickoff is slated for 2 p.m. (EDT) at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks, N.D.

I haven't kept up on my own CMU team here.

Sept 14 at Indiana, Lost 41-10

We were never in this game and aparently our defense is still really pathetic. 330 yards total offense for Indiana. 199 yards rushing for Indiana and 11-for-13 on third down for the Hoosiers.

Return yards killed us too on kickoff returns and interception returns. One TD was a 97-yard interception return for a TD.

Sept. 11 at Michigan State - Lost

Sept. 18 Southeast Missouri State - won

Oct. 2 Kent State - Won

Oct. 9 Bowling Green (Homecoming)

There's about a 50-50 chance I'll be going to the game right now.