Sign in to follow this  
Oblong

Blair hoping for Kerry?

I don't know why Blair would want Kerry. I think he stuck his lot in with Dubya over the whole Iraq thing. If Kerry were elected and then pulled out, it might leave Tony Tony Tony with egg on his face.

If so inclined, one could make the case that Blair is one of the foreign leaders that Kerry lied about a few months ago. Then again, only if one was so inclined.

I've heard this for awhile now.

Maybe Blair thinks if Bush takes a fall, he won't have to. Then he can say, "Hey, I trusted the guy, and he screwed me over. It's not my fault."

Originally posted by Biff Mayhem

If so inclined, one could make the case that Blair is one of the foreign leaders that Kerry lied about a few months ago. Then again, only if one was so inclined.

He lied about? When was that shown? Or doesn't it need to be because you don't like it if it's true.?

Originally posted by Mattingly70

He lied about? When was that shown? Or doesn't it need to be because you don't like it if it's true.?

The lie Kerry told about foreign leaders calling him showing support.

I don't see how Blair's supposed support for Kerry makes a difference. Americans don't care what anyone thinks of them anyway. And Blair has good reason to feel he was taken for ride by Bush, with whom he has little in common politically anyway.

Yeah... when was it shown to be a lie?

More importantly, when was it shown to be truth? It wasn't. He had nothing and no one. Hence it was a lie. Just because you don't want to believe it doesn't make it true.

I believe a certain member of this forum used to call him "Tony Clinton" so him pulling for Kerry wouldnt suprise me. As for the "lie" thing, nobody has shown proof that Bush showed up for his military duty, does that make him a liar for saying he did?

Originally posted by Mikeshoe21

As for the "lie" thing, nobody has shown proof that Bush showed up for his military duty, does that make him a liar for saying he did?

I could be mistaken but didn't a number of other people including other officers come out and say that he did indeed show up? Who were the foreign leaders that called Kerry? Anyone? Buehler?

Yeah... when was it shown to be a lie?

When was it shown to be true? Anybody can say something so baseless in fact as "More world leaders want me to be President" & then refuse to name any.

Originally posted by zachcadillac

I've heard this for awhile now.

Maybe Blair thinks if Bush takes a fall, he won't have to. Then he can say, "Hey, I trusted the guy, and he screwed me over. It's not my fault."

It really doesn't matter for Blair...He's basically out of the woods. Labor party won't remove him and the tories can't beat him.

Just because you don't want to believe it doesn't make it true.

Just because YOU want to believe it doesn't make it true either.

More importantly, when was it shown to be truth? It wasn't. He had nothing and no one. Hence it was a lie. Just because you don't want to believe it doesn't make it true.

That's idiotic. I don't know it is true, I'm not claiming it is. You're claiming it's a lie, it is your onus to show it as such. Not showing you that I have a bike doesn't make it a lie. Come on, you can do better than that.

Originally posted by djhutch

When was it shown to be true? Anybody can say something so baseless in fact as "More world leaders want me to be President" & then refuse to name any.

I never said it was true. I said it wasn't shown to be a lie. You, I assume want to believe it is, that doesn't make it so. We can't prove it either way, but I'm not the one trying to do that. Kind of like god, eh?

I never said it was true. I said it wasn't shown to be a lie. You, I assume want to believe it is, that doesn't make it so. We can't prove it either way, but I'm not the one trying to do that. Kind of like god, eh?

I was Orville Wright in a previous life.

Originally posted by shabba4detroit

I was Orville Wright in a previous life.

Okay. I don't necessarily believe you, but that doesn't make it a lie. Thank you for proving my point.

It was a lie. If I made such a elaborate claim I would back it up with proof. He didn't because he couldn't. Adding to this, you completely missed Shabba's point which didn't prove your point but made folly of it (with all due respect to Mr. DF).

I'm not so sure it was a lie. I think it was something with a bit of truth in it, but something he could never elaborate on. I think it was something that came from behind closed doors conversation that no one would or should ever talk about in the press including Kerry. He was stupid for saying it, but I really don't think his reluctance to "out" anyone is proof that it is a lie.