Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
IdahoBert

PDFs of Kerry, Bush military records

Recommended Posts


Originally posted by tigersfan25

Do they have a PDF on the issues, Bert? :classic:

I got this off USA TODAY and that's all I found.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by IdahoBert

I got this off USA TODAY and that's all I found.

I know... I kinda get the feeling that all people care about are these two's war record. I personally don't give a damn... however, Kerry brought his criticism upon himself by centering his whole Convention around his service. He should have known that he was opening a bad can of worms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by tigersfan25

I know... I kinda get the feeling that all people care about are these two's war record. I personally don't give a damn... however, Kerry brought his criticism upon himself by centering his whole Convention around his service. He should have known that he was opening a bad can of worms.

Say you join Big Brothers, Big Sisters. You begin to speak glowingly and frequently about your little brother. I call you a pedophile. Did you bring it on yourself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by zachcadillac

Say you join Big Brothers, Big Sisters. You begin to speak glowingly and frequently about your little brother. I call you a pedophile. Did you bring it on yourself?

That's the stupidest, most tangential, ill-advised and inaccurate analogy posted this election season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by zachcadillac

Say you join Big Brothers, Big Sisters. You begin to speak glowingly and frequently about your little brother. I call you a pedophile. Did you bring it on yourself?

WTF?

I'm sure you can provide a better analogy once the buzz wears off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by zachcadillac

Say you join Big Brothers, Big Sisters. You begin to speak glowingly and frequently about your little brother. I call you a pedophile. Did you bring it on yourself?

Say you join Big Brothers, Big Sisters. You leave after 3 weeks and trash the program and the other Big brothers/sisters. You say that many of them abused the kids, with the consent of the organization. Later on you begin to brag about how good you were at it and point to all these awards you got. Suddenly a group of former brothers/sisters come out and claim that much of what you did was false and that you lied to get your awards. You then have to backtrack....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Oblong

Say you join Big Brothers, Big Sisters. You leave after 3 weeks and trash the program and the other Big brothers/sisters. You say that many of them abused the kids, with the consent of the organization. Later on you begin to brag about how good you were at it and point to all these awards you got. Suddenly a group of former brothers/sisters come out and claim that much of what you did was false and that you lied to get your awards. You then have to backtrack....

Say you join Big Brothers/Big Sisters in Massachusetts, do a great job and are commended for your work and told to go home. But while you were working there, you saw people abuse kids and make a mockery of the program you worked hard to support. Then you come home and get together with like minded Big Brothers/Big Sisters supporters and tell people that there are bad things that go on within a great organization.

Then, thirty years later, some people who belonged to Big Brothers/Big Sisters in Iowa five years after you left Big Borthers/Big Sisters in Massachusetts come forward and say that you were a big fat liar and you're not fit to lead even though most of them never met you.

Then you have to defend yourself against libelous statements...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Buddha

Then you have to defend yourself against libelous statements...

Does that include libelous statements like this?

Originally posted by Buddha

and send our sons and daughters to die in the desert looking for weapons that don't exist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Yoda

Does that include libelous statements like this?

What's libelous about that? You know what the best defense to libel is, right?:classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Buddha

What's libelous about that?

1) He did not "send them to die"; he sent them to capture/kill Saddam.

2.) To state an opinion that there were no WMD's is one thing, but to state that there definitely were none is an irresponsible accusation, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Buddha

You know what the best defense to libel is, right?:classic:

Truth. Tell yer buddy John Kerry :classic:

*cough* I swear I didn't mean to shoot myself *cough*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Yoda

1) He did not "send them to die"; he sent them to capture/kill Saddam.

2.) To state an opinion that there were no WMD's is one thing, but to state that there definitely were none is an irresponsible accusation, IMO.

1) they did die. And he did send them to seek out weapons that do not exist. It's not a libelous statement.

Unlike..."I swear I didn't mean to shoot myself"....

2) But they don't exist. If not, where are they? Where are the nukes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Buddha

1) they did die. And he did send them to seek out weapons that do not exist. It's not a libelous statement.

Unlike..."I swear I didn't mean to shoot myself"....

2) But they don't exist. If not, where are they? Where are the nukes?

Do you realise how big Iraq is? Or how easy it would be to move something out of Iraq to keep someone from finding it? Because we haven't found any certainly does not mean that there were none.

And yes a small percentage of them did die. They were not, however, sent there for the purpose of dying, as saying "he sent them there to die" would suggest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say you join Big Brothers/Big Sisters in Massachusetts, barely do the job while complaining about it the whole time...even going so far as to leave all of the other brothers/sisters desperately in need of help. You are commended for your work based on your own recommendations and told to go home....or manipulate the system to go home by burning yourself by touching a hot stove....but while you were working there, you abused kids and make a mockery of the program. Then you come home and get together with like minded Big Brothers/Big Sisters, who are later found to be non-participants in the program and tell people that there are bad things that go on within a great organization.

Then, thirty years later, some people who belonged to Big Brothers/Big Sisters while you were there and a few who took over for you after you left Big Brothers/Big Sisters in Massachusetts come forward and say that you were a big fat liar and you're not fit to lead.

Then you have to defend yourself against what people try to label as libelous statements when in fact there is a whole lot of people who can counter your claims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Yoda

Do you realise how big Iraq is?

This is just a wild guess, but it appears that Iraq might be similar in size to Oklahoma. I didn't feel like looking for a square mileage figure anywhere, but a quick visual inspection on a map makes that seem like a fair comparison. Anyone else is free to dig further, but I'm not so inclined today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was obviously a rhetorical question. But since you inquired...

Iraq = 437,072 square miles

Alaska = 656,425

Texas = 268,601

Oklahoma = 69,903

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Yoda

It was obviously a rhetorical question. But since you inquired...

Iraq = 437,072 square miles

Alaska = 656,425

Texas = 268,601

Oklahoma = 69,903

You've got kilometers instead of miles. Iraq is 167,400 square miles. It is similar in size to California--158,706 square miles. Iraq would/will be the third largest state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so his objective was to send thousands of U.S. troops to capture one man that had nothing to do with 9/11, while not catching the guy that orchestrated 9/11 and in the process actually taking focus and troops away from the real war in Afghanistan.

And Bush is really all for liberating Iraqis, yeah, right, sure. If he's so into liberating people, why not help Cubans? Oh, wait, not that much oil in Cuba....that's right.

And even if he was avenging that "man that tried to kill my Dad", it just show's his Dad's failure to remove him when he had the chance in 1991 & 92.

And here's the kicker --- You know and I know that eventually, and probably in our lifetime, Iraq is going to end up going back to a relgious state run by a brutal dictator. It's just their way, that's what they do over there.

You think Iran and Saudi Arabia side with us too, don't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Motor City Sonics

Okay, so his objective was to send thousands of U.S. troops to capture one man that had nothing to do with 9/11, while not catching the guy that orchestrated 9/11 and in the process actually taking focus and troops away from the real war in Afghanistan.

There's a common misnomer that you've fallen for. Iraq is part of the war on terror and, if not for anything else, links it to 9-11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Motor City Sonics

If he's so into liberating people, why not help Cubans? Oh, wait, not that much oil in Cuba....that's right.

Priorities......Saddam postured himself as having WMD and thusly positioned himself to control 70% of the world's oil via terror. There's validity to your point but you're on the wrong side of it. It's a marathon not a sprint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Motown Sports Blog



×
×
  • Create New...