Richard in ncarolina

White Sox broadcaster's

I am one of the fourtunate ones that get to watch the tigers play almost every night on the dish. Have any of you guys ever heard these 2 clowns on wgn and foxs sports chicago I mean they are terrible I don't have any problem with anyone cheering for thier team but man give me a break the tigers hit 3 hr's one night and they don't say anything until 2 minutes after the tigers's have crossed home plate. Anybody with me on this one??

Hey Richard, tune in here next time the Tigers play the Sox and you'll see the occasional recommendation for self-improvement for Hawk, such as "EAT SH*T AND DIE YOU STUPID, IGNORANT FRUITCAKE...PUT THIS ON THE BOARD."

I have the dish too and I CRINGE when I get sox games. I HATE that clown.

Easily my least favorite play by play guys...I like every other team in the division's guys by the White Sox.

-Tony

Originally posted by TonyJM

Easily my least favorite play by play guys...I like every other team in the division's guys by the White Sox.

-Tony

" You can put that on the board" :classic:

Originally posted by Todd

" You can put that on the board" :classic:

If I hear that quoted one more time... :dead: :dead:

Ken the Hawk Harrelson has never been the same since he was traded from the Boston Res Sox to the Oakland A'ss to the Cleveland Indians all in one week in 1968. It marred him for life!

Just saw this...Tigerfan beat me to it.... "he gone"......these guys suck. I have the sox on at least a couple times a week, and you talk about the biggest homers I have ever heard in my life. They make Brandstatder (sp?) look impartial. :classic:

"MERCY"

The Hawk is bad, but I would listen to him anyday over Joe "I can cure your Insomnia" Knucksaw. True story, I was listening to the Reds game last week (waiting for the Tigs to come on) and the "old left hander" put me to sleep at my computer. I know he is old, but man he has been that way for the last 15 years. Somebody get him some coffee with some ephedrine.

Originally posted by tigersfan25

Nuxhall is bad... he's a Ray Lane wannabe. Hawk is still worse though.

why would anyone want to broadcast like ray lane. i was under the impression that ray lane was trying to be like pat summerall-inaccurate, uninsightful, and uninspiring. to date, ray lane has done a good job of bringing these attributes to detroit sports...

Originally posted by zimm

why would anyone want to broadcast like ray lane. i was under the impression that ray lane was trying to be like pat summerall-inaccurate, uninsightful, and uninspiring. to date, ray lane has done a good job of bringing these attributes to detroit sports...

What I am saying is that Nuxhall, in my very honest opinion, is a rung below the already awful Ray Lane.

What's odd is that their radio guys (John Rooney and Ed Farmer) are fantastic.

I would disagree with this claim, since their radio guys on A.M. 1000 here in Chicago whine and complain about balls and strikes every game.

It's one thing to say the batter should of swung at a close pitch, but another to say it looked a little outside.

On my annual trip to the U.P. I tried to get Tiger score updates from the Brewer games and good old Bob Eucker is nothing like his Tonight Show or Major League movie appearances. It is something akin to hearing paint dry on the radio, I missed it 3 times tuning through the stations with the endless dead air. DD and Price are head and shoulders above their broadcast.

Speaking of Chisox WGN broadcasts, when I first got cable in the early 80's the Cubs had Jack Brickhouse while the Pale Hose had the dynamic duo of Harry Carey and Jimmy Piersall. Hearing Jimmy refer to the Sox wives as sluts was very entertaining, although not good for his longevity.

Originally posted by guy incognito

What's odd is that their radio guys (John Rooney and Ed Farmer) are fantastic.

I agree, on clear nights I get 1000 MVP AM and the Sox radio guys (I know nothing about the whining) ARE HILLARIOUS

They can get on your nerves but I love the expressions "Bleeders and Ducksnorts" for little dinky hits.

Originally posted by zimm

Summerall at least has a cool voice. I'd rather have an icepick jammed in my ear than listen to Ray Lane.

Originally posted by Charles Liston

The bar has been raised for play-by-play and colour commentary in all sports lately, thanks to Vic Romano and Kenny Blankenship.

Right you are, Ken

Speaking of Summerall, did anybody see those preseason ESPN games he called with Theismann and Maguire?

I was reminded of Admiral Stockdale during that debate of the vice-presidential candidates in '92.