Wolverine

Crucial Series with Yankees 7/15-7/18

This seems to be a crucial series with NY. Coming off the way the Tigs ended their road trip last week, coming back home to play the Yanks is going to be huge. Looks like we'll throw Bonderman, Maroth, Knotts and Robertson? I expect we'll be able to get a split - but NY will be looking for revenge.

Being an out-of-stater, I imagine the CoPa will be rockin'!

GO TIGERS!

Originally posted by smr-nj

nyy.gif

Sweep.

I will accept nothing less. :wink:

You're talking about a sweep for the Tig's right Sue! :classic:

(of course I know you're not, but I can't wait for your "let's talk smack" thread for this series since it brought you tons of luck last time :classic:)

CRUSH THEM. GIVE THE RED SOX HOPE (nothing more...I hate the sox probably more than the Yankees.)

We need this WAY more than New York.

lol.

It's true Dan, I am the kiss of death for my team when I root for them............ but I plan on turning over a new leaf, and actually becoming their LUCKY charm. (yeah. right.)

I'm curious to see which Yankee team shows up.

They're like the "girl with the curl" at times.

When they're good, they're very, very good.... but when they're bad, they're awful.

Oh, and I won't be able to talk smack past tonight, as I leave for Detroit tomorrow, and won't have any internet access.... (unless I can somehow get some at the hotel? hmm. maybe!)

I don't know how many "defining moments" you can have in a season but how we do in this series has to say something about how good this team really is. I'd be happy with a split really.

Originally posted by IdahoBert

I don't know how many "defining moments" you can have in a season but how we do in this series has to say something about how good this team really is. I'd be happy with a split really.

Agreed. We have to go 5-3 on this homestand to remain in contention. 2-2 vs. the Yankees, 1-1 vs. the Twins, and 2-0 vs. the Royals. 6-2 would be nice, but 5-3 is critical.

One advantage I see us having in this series is that 7 of them were at the all star game, while our guys were resting. I think a split would be great, but I think only winning one is very possible. It seems everytime we are in a position to make a move, we put together one of those great 5 game losing streaks, and then turn around a win 5.

Also, why do we have so much trouble with KC?

Originally posted by Chi-town Tiger

Also, why do we have so much trouble with KC?

I think that brawl a couple years ago cursed us.

3 of 4 from the Yankees, Sweep the Twins and Royals 7-1 homestand, 49-46 and charging.

Originally posted by keglerv

3 of 4 from the Yankees, Sweep the Twins and Royals 7-1 homestand, 49-46 and charging.

Whose your dealer? I need to get me some of that!! :wink: