Deleterious

89 Pistons starting Lineup

I need your help boys and girls. What was the 89 teams starting lineup? Was it:

Thomas

Dumars

Aguire

Mahorn

Laimbeer

That would leave Edwards, Rodman, Salley and Johnson off the bench? Thanks guys.

Adrian Dantley was traded for Aguirre in March of 1990, so Aguirre was there for the playoffs and Championship, but Dantley started most of the year at SF. Dantley and Mahorn are my favorite players of all time.

Originally posted by Mattingly70

Adrian Dantley was traded for Aguirre in March of 1990, so Aguirre was there for the playoffs and Championship, but Dantley started most of the year at SF. Dantley and Mahorn are my favorite players of all time.

That can't be right. They won the title in 89 and Dantley was not on any of the title teams. Do you mean March of 89?

Originally posted by Deleterious

That can't be right. They won the title in 89 and Dantley was not on any of the title teams. Do you mean March of 89?

My bad, it was '89.

Actually, Mahorn didn't start....James Edwards was the starting PF, nicknamed "Buddha".

Starters:

Thomas

Dumars

Laimbeer

Edwards

Aguirre

In 89, Mahorn started. The starting lineup for the 89 team in tehf inals was:

Thomas

Dumars

Laimbeer

Rodman

Mahorn.

VJ, Aguirre, Salley, and Edwards were also in the regular rotation.

Aguirre started when he first got here but Rodman needed more minutes so he suggested to Daly that he come off the bench. Daly always credited Aguirre with making the first move on that. Whether it's true or not, I don't care.

Oblong...we were both wrong!?!?! Imagine that!?!?

The actual line-up in the finals in 89 was:

Thomas

Dumars

Laimbeer

Aguirre

Mahorn

http://www.pistons-rivals.com/default.asp?sid=613&p=2&saysa=1988-89&cc=3&orderby=id

In 1990 it was:

Thomas

Dumars

Laimbeer

Edwards

Aguirre (3)/Rodman (2)

http://www.pistons-rivals.com/default.asp?sid=613&p=2&saysa=1989-90&cc=3&orderby=id

Mahorn's back was giving him problems and McCloskey thought that they'd be weary of drafting him. They could only protect 8. The Pistons decided Edwards was worth more to the future than Mahorn, which wasn't a bad move since Edwards started the next year and was pretty effective. Mahorn wasn't much of a factor after 89, even during 89 itself.

I thought Biggie was right, I distinctly remember that Buddha was always the guy that they went to right out of the gate, and he usually scored in the first few possessions.

Originally posted by Oblong

Mahorn's back was giving him problems and McCloskey thought that they'd be weary of drafting him. They could only protect 8. The Pistons decided Edwards was worth more to the future than Mahorn, which wasn't a bad move since Edwards started the next year and was pretty effective. Mahorn wasn't much of a factor after 89, even during 89 itself.

It wasn't Edwards over Mahorn that I found to be a bad mood, but it was protecting that high-on Bedford and not protecting Mahorn that pisses me off to this day.