Auburndale Ray

Wendell Magee

I am glad that Wendell Magee is starting to get a little recognition. I think he will be productive defensively and at the plate. Let's hope his freak injuries are behind him. He's a good guy who needs a chance at some real playing time, if not with the Tigers, then with a team that will play him.

I disagree. Wendell Magee, if given a chance to play daily, will be a very productive STARTER. The Tigers may not give him the chance he deserves, if not, then I hope some other team will grab him and put him in outfield on a regular basis. Last year he was doing great until he broke the bone in his hand and then just when that healed, he injured his shoulder. In spring training he hurt his knee when he crashed into the wall. Wendell says he is 100% now and you can check his stats, both batting average and fielding percentages. Yes, he is a solid player and I hope he will have a real chance to prove it while he is healthy.

The way I see it is that every time Wendell has had an opportunity, he starts to do really well, and then gets injured, and is forgotten.

Let's hope this time he avoids the injury. Does he play too hard?