DetroitFolly

Old School Logo...

To add to Biff's earlier thread on the old school logo...

I was in the Detroit Athletic company (michigan ave, just a block west of the old girl) has T-shirts with the old logo. Cheap, too...I want to say around 15 bucks or so.

Anyway, I am going to get one.

thanks for the weblink. they have some really cool stuff. i've been wanting a 1905 tiger hat for a while, but haven't been able to find one. awesome. thanks again...:laugh:

I see this logo making a come back. Maybe the Tigers should go back to it and just drop the use of the Tiger coming out of the D.

Originally posted by 3M

I see this logo making a come back. Maybe the Tigers should go back to it and just drop the use of the Tiger coming out of the D.

I have never liked the Tiger jumping out of the D. I liked the old logo that Biff had stickers or whatever of.

Well, I like the Tiger-through-the-D logo.

I seems to be quite polarizing though... you either like it or you hate it. Not too many people seem to have no strong opinion of it.

It'd be nice to see it again:

oldtigers.gif

And because I am bored, I wanted to see what this would look like:

newtigers.gif

Originally posted by Tigeraholic1

Is that a Lakview High School logo?

I don't know. It's not really my old school.

Originally posted by rw_dc

oldtigers.gif

I got my sticker of the logo from Biff yesterday and it's on the back window of my Grand Caravan attracting chicks like I was in beer commercial or something...or not. Hey, I like it anyway.

oldtigers.gif

newtigers.gif

excellent job. this is what i posted long ago, when this discussion came up, that i'd like to see done. i like the look of the new tiger, but i like the theme of the old logo.

Originally posted by det6884

thanks for the weblink. they have some really cool stuff. i've been wanting a 1905 tiger hat for a while, but haven't been able to find one. awesome. thanks again...:laugh:

Yeah, I've been on the trail of the 1901 hat...glad to finally find it... good stuff.

BTW, I am a supporter of the Tiger through the D and the one presented here... ie.

newtigers.gif

I know I'll get hate mail, but the tiger in the '84 logo looks like he's just had a baseball bat enema...not a big fan for that reason. Plus, it has Don Zimmer cheeks.

oldtigers.gif

newtigers.gif

That's cool! While I like the way your new one looks a lot, my all-time favorite will always be the old one. Kind of in a frazzled, psychotic, vampire-bear tiger kind of way. And I like how he's looking slightly off-"camera" with a hypnotized/ing stare. I wish they had never done away with it.

But your new one is really good; you should email it to Dombrowski. It does seem like they've gotten away from the Tiger-through-the-D logo, and are using the Old English D most times.