Sign in to follow this  
B.Higginson

Great read from a Laker Reporter

I love this part:

I'm a big fan of the West Coast game, of the dazzling runs of the Mavs and the smooth cuts and passes of the Kings. For months now, I've been telling anyone who'd listen that theirs was the essence of the game and that the Eastern style was a sluggish, rim-rattling travesty by comparison.

But last night, listening to a horn ensemble called the Sun Messengers breaking down "Bustin' Loose" alongside The Palace floor, watching skinny little kids and fat old ladies, black, white, and brown, dance with abandon in red-white-and-blue Afro wigs, feeling the noise, and seeing the Piston players shake, rattle, and roll, I realized I've been wrong.

Their edges are never as smooth as a Kobe J, and their punch is never as powerful as a Shaq dunk. But this team shares the ball. They work the pick-and-roll. They play as one. They do what Brown calls "playing the game right," not because they're perfect but because they're perfectly committed.

Like someone once said about jazz, and like I'm saying here and now about the soulful show the players and the patrons put on here in Auburn Hills, "it's not beautiful, but it is."

And this team from the East, this team that's beating up on the team I've spent a lifetime loving ... I gotta say, they're a joy to watch.

Beautiful, Just beautiful. Ive never loved a team more than this team and even the team from last year. These guys are so likable ive wondered why the world hasnt embraced them.