TigersMeow

What did you think of the ABC Coverage?

Originally posted by Deleterious

Here is a simple solution to everyone that feels ABC is being unfair to their little bitty Pistons. Put the TV on mute, turn on your radio and listen to Blaha do an unbiased call of the game.

/end sarcasm

You'd expect Blaha to be biased, though. After all, he is the Pistons announcer. I'd expect the home announcer in LA to be biased toward LA, as well. A national broadcast, though, should be as free from bias as possible. Your "sarcasm" doesn't work solely because you're comparing apples to oranges.

And, for the record, I think ABC's has been decent, if only because Doc Rivers has been pretty even. Al Michaels seems like an LA shill but only because it seems he didn't do his homework. I don't mind watching ABC's coverage other than the continual need to show Jack Nicholson, etc. whenever they have a chance to be seen.

Yeah, and Foxnews is completely unbiased and it's just perception that people think they're right wing.

Call it perception all you want but when the Lakers started to stretch the lead Michaels and Docs energy level started to increase and they couldn't stop talking about the Lakers, when the lead started to shrink they started talking puff piece stuff. Now I will buy the opinion that maybe it just has to do with the energy level in the building, because that can have an effect, but it wasn't my perception except for the fact that I was percieving what was happening. (what the hell did I just write?)

Originally posted by Amish Love Machine

You'd expect Blaha to be biased, though. After all, he is the Pistons announcer. I'd expect the home announcer in LA to be biased toward LA, as well. A national broadcast, though, should be as free from bias as possible.

Exactly!