Sign in to follow this  
KingLouieLouie76

Excellent Feature On Rodney White

http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/QAWhite020710.html

Q & A With Rodney White

Rodney White is starting at small forward on the Pistons summer league team in Orlando…This is the first consistent game action he has seen since being drafted as a rookie in 2001…Following a solid first game performance against New Orleans where he scored 21 points with five rebounds, three assists, two blocks and one steal, Pistons.com sat down with White to discuss his performance and his summer to date.

Pistons.com: Looking back at last season, what do you take from it?

RW: I look at it as a learning experience. I wanted to play last year, but it didn’t work out that way. You have to look at the big picture - we had a real good year. We were winning, and the most important thing for me was to be a good teammate and learn as much as I could from the veterans.

Pistons.com: You have done a tremendous amount of work in the Detroit community since the season ended. What has inspired you to become so involved?

RW: I enjoy working with young people and being visible out in the community. I was involved with the Pistons Read To Achieve program during the year and I’m just doing some things this summer to continue that. I’ve done a lot of work with Emerson Elementary School in Pontiac and I really enjoy the kids there.

Pistons.com: Not only have you been out in the community, but you have really been in the gym. What have you been working on?

RW: I’ve been working hard on my shot and becoming more consistent. Also, I’ve been in the gym with Arnie Kander, our strength coach, to get my body ready for next year.

Pistons.com: You had a nice showing in the first game of the summer league. How would you rate your performance?

RW: I really felt comfortable out there. I feel comfortable with my scoring ability and being able to get my shot off. I’m working on slowing my game down and letting the plays come to me like they did against New Orleans.

Pistons.com: Do you feel any pressure that you have to perform?

RW: The coaches and Joe (Dumars) and I, we have been talking a lot and we all plan on me being a big part of the team this coming year. I’m going to continue to do my part and work to get better. What they are asking of me is what I have asked of myself.

Pistons.com: Have you gotten a chance to get to know Mehmet Okur and Tayshaun Prince?

RW: I have and these two guys are good players. I want to help these guys get better because I have been through it. Mehmet has shown that he can make shots from outside and so has Tayshaun. I’m excited to play with them.